Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Matthew 22:38-40 - "Let There Be Peace On Earth"


Yesterday was a sad day for this world. There is just so much hatred being shown in some drastic measures. The Ohio State campus event and the fires being set in Israel were heavy in my prayers as the day went on. On top of those events the fires in the Gatlinburg area also are causing grief to so many. I think of the people in WV who are still struggling after this summer's flooding and pray for people to come to their aid even after all of these months. There are people with medical conditions that are in need of God's peace such as little Ritchie and his family who will get bone marrow results today. Peace is needed by so many. I was reminded that even when we may not have peace in our lives we can still have peace in our spirits when we allow God to be in control. We must give Him these things in prayer and trust in Him to handle them. We must pray for souls of those who are showing hate in their spirits. There are even believers that speak hate about others. They need to realize God has called us to live a life of love. As I always told my boys when they were growing up, "You don't have to like everyone but you do have to love them." Jesus told us the second greatest commandment is to love one another (Matthew 22). In order to fulfill the second commandment we first must fulfill the first commandment to love God. A heart of hate is not a heart of love. Hate cannot flow from the same heart that is full of God's love. The only way to completely love the Lord God is to live in His presence. There is not room in His presence for hate. I know there are many believers who would disagree with me on this but fact is fact. There is no gray area when it comes to God's love flowing from us. It hurts me to hear hateful words come out of people but it really hurts when it is someone who professes to be a Christian. We can't change everyone but we can make a difference as we live out love to everyone. We can't be discouraged when people continue to not live as Christ desires. We must continue to pray for them and continue to love on them. I think of something I read yesterday from Ann Voskamp...


Even if today didn't go as planned, Lord
and if it's not at all what we hoped, 
and if we're not yet quite what we hoped, 
and if life's not unfolding to our Plan A
and if it's not even close to Plan B
and if the diagnosis is not great
and if the forecast is not good
and if not... and if not... and if not...
*You still are.* You still are Good & You still are God.
And we will be the people who will still...
The people who will still rest in it & sing it into the dark:
"and if not -- He is still Good. He is still God... so we can still & be & be at rest."


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the genetic testing coming out good. I praise Your Holy Name for the way You are walking with me through C. I praise Your Holy Name for the way You will give us discernment as we go to the appointment Thursday. Father, I pray You will also be with Little Ritchie's family as they await test results today. Lord, give the doctors wisdom and the family strength for whatever lies ahead. I also pray for those who were injured in the attack at Ohio State yesterday. Not only those wounded physically but those who are dealing with the aftermath of the ordeal. I pray protection over people in Israel as they deal with the attacks. I also pray for those who are dealing with fires and flooding in nature. Lord, be so very real to them! No matter what I pray everyone will realize two things. One is we need to love You in order to love others as You have commanded. The second is no matter what the outcome of our circumstance You are still good. Thank You Father for being My Peace. Amen.

No comments: