Sunday, November 27, 2016

I Timothy 1:12-17 - "Great Are You Lord"


Death of a loved one is never easy yet when one knows their loved one will spend eternity with the Lord it is a comfort. The Lord woke me at 3:30 AM to pray for dear friends who lost their wife, mother, grandmother yesterday. He also had me pray for my Momma who lost a dear friend. I have fond memories growing up with this family. I was telling Doc last night about how they were with my parents in PTO when we were in grade school along with going to church together. I prayed for this family to lean on the Lord's strength through these tough days. That prayer took me to praying for others who have lost a loved one since last year's holiday season. The 'firsts' are so hard as the memories play over in your mind. But those memories are what also enable us to continue on. I prayed for my aunt and cousins who are getting together to go through my uncle's things. I prayed for them to have happy memories as they go through this task. I prayed for my friends who recently lost their wife, mother, grandmother and how they just went through the Thanksgiving holiday for the first time without her. I also prayed for those who are not in relationship with God. I prayed someone would say or do something that would make a difference in their life so they would come to know Him. I prayed for those who know Him but really aren't living for Him. I prayed they would realize the importance of daily communion with Him. I prayed for those who are contemplating going to church today. I prayed something would make them realize the importance of being with a corporate body of believers. I prayed for pastors who are going into the pulpit to give what the Lord has laid on their hearts this week. I prayed against the enemy tempting them into saying things that will just make people feel good and instead for God to give boldness to them. We never know when our last day will be on this earth. Each and everyone of us need to live for the Lord in the way He desires. We need to live in His presence so we can hear His voice. If we don't, we may not live for Him for eternity. That is a sad thought. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the day You gave Doc and I yesterday. Thank You for waking me during the night to pray for so many. Father, I pray for the day ahead of us. I pray for physical strength in my body. I pray against the pain/discomfort I am experiencing. Lord, give me wisdom on not doing too much that in turn causes the pain to worsen. I pray for a spiritual strength to overcome me. Fill me to overflowing with You so people will see and hear You through my actions, words and attitude. Take away the distraction of C so I will be focused on You. Lord, I pray You will bless Lizzy with a great day today for her birthday. I also pray You will continue to lead her down the path of living for You. I pray she will go deeper in her relationship with You. Thank You for her being Paul's wife and Miss Bella's Mommy. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise. Amen.

No comments: