Wednesday, November 9, 2016

II Timothy 1:7 - "Revelation"

When the Lord woke me up with the lyrics of "Revelation" going through my head, my first thought was, 'Why am I singing this song? I am not lost. I know I need to listen to the Lord for direction.' But then I continued to sing it. 

Give me a revelation,
Show me what to do
Cause I've been trying to find my way,
I haven't got a clue
Tell me should I stay here,
Or do I need to move
Give me a revelation
I've got nothing without You

As I pondered on these words the Lord spoke so clearly. He said, "Daughter, I love you so greatly. You are the apple of my eye. I will not allow anything to hurt you. You are greater than anything that comes your way because you have my strength. I empower you to not allow this time in your life to be a distraction. Stay in My word and close to Me. Do not fear the unknown because You already know the end of this story. Eternity with me will be your reward."

As I listened to Him, more questions came to my mind but I know He will answer them in His time. I was reading about the meaning behind this song and loved what was said by the bassist of Third Day. "in 'Revelation,' the revelation doesn't come from a perspective of us telling God what to do, but rather asking God to tell us what to do. So we're bearing it all out with more openness and transparency to make it relatable to more people, rather than just a normal testimony of someone who used to have problems and now has everything figured out." Wow! We must listen to His direction each and every day of our lives. When we take off doing what we 'think' He wants without talking to Him, life will get messy. When we are in a new journey in life, it is imperative to stay close to Him. Yesterday I told the receptionist at the doctor's office that we moved here in June so everything is new to me. Then with tear-filled eyes I said, "Now that is an understatement. It is not just the doctors that are new to me." As I pondered on that, the Lord gave me His peace in knowing His strength is not new to me. I lean on Him every day for strength in not only my physical body but in my emotional, mental and spiritual bodies. These days seem like I am in a fog as I go to different appointments. I listen yet I feel like I am not capable of grasping all that is being said. I am grateful the Lord knows what I need to grasp in all of this. I am also grateful He gave me Doc as my support. So many things are making sense to me. The move here where they have some of the best doctors and equipment for breast cancer. Doc not getting a part-time job yet. The Lord telling me to not take the class this session. Closed doors for some babysitting. I am so grateful for the way He takes care of things. I know He will continue to provide as the bills stack up. I also know He will give peace and discernment in the decisions ahead. I continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7...


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You enabled me to feel Your closeness yesterday as I sat and listened to another doctor. Thank You for the words that chemo is not in my future. Father, I pray for the money for the genetic testing to be available if it is to be. I also pray for the surgery on my lymph nodes to be soon but most importantly I pray for Your time to be the schedule. Lord, You are so awesome in giving me peace through Your words today. I am so grateful for the way You speak. I also am grateful for feeling stronger yesterday so I could function pretty normal. Thank You for Grammy, Tiffany and Gavin, and Amy and the boys coming over to celebrate Tiffany's birthday last night. Thank You for these neighbors that love on me so much. Father, I also want to thank You for all of the people who are praying for me. It amazes me to hear the stories of people I don't even know that are praying. Lord, You are so awesome! Thank You for the one who listened as Doc explained salvation and then accepted You yesterday! I am one blessed lady and I know it is because of You. Father, direct my words, my feet and my attitude to be Yours today so people will see and hear You through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Revelation. Amen.


No comments: