Thursday, November 17, 2016

Matthew 6:10 - "Thy Will"




I am so thankful for the way the Lord takes care of me. I did not want to go to the Ladies Getaway last weekend with all going on but He encouraged me to go so I did. By the end of the weekend I felt stronger in my spirit. He knew I needed that strength to get through this week. Two appointments Tuesday, two appointments Wednesday, two appointments today along with the death of Uncle Ofie and then last night the death of a dear friend. I was tired when we got home from church so I took a hot bubble bath and fell into bed. An hour later I was woke up with the call about Betty. I was grateful my prayers were answered for her to no longer be suffering in her physical body but instead she now has a new body with no cancer. The pain is gone. The same with my Uncle Ofie, the COPD is gone. I know some cannot understand how one can rejoice in death but it is just like my wise ninety-three year old friend says, "They are in a better place!" Yes! We, as believers, have hope in our future. We have peace in knowing when we die from this earth we will live for eternity with our Heavenly Father. That is the hope and peace my Betty had over these last few years as she battled cancer. She was a fighter who did not give up. Many times we sat and talked about life here and life in heaven. She said over and over again that she was ready but she felt like the Lord was keeping her here on earth to enable her family to come to know Him. Her heart broke for those who had slipped out of relationship with Him yet she felt like she was going to be the key to restoration. Oh how I pray that happened! I pray her family saw her great faith and desired the same. I pray there was restoration in not only their relationship with the Lord but in relationships on this earth. I loved sitting and praying with her. I love how her family make me feel like I am 'one of the sisters'! I pray they will know I am with them in spirit even when I can't be there physically. I pray for strength in their spirits as they go through these tough days ahead. The void will be great without her there for her husband, her children, her grandchildren, her Momma, her siblings and her friends. I pray they will draw closer to God so He can love on them greatly. We never know what the Lord will ask of us but the one thing we must remember is to say 'yes' no matter what. Betty took on the cancer in a way that many did not agree with but she was comfortable with. She prayed and allowed the Lord to direct her. We may never be able to understand why people do things in the manner they do but when I know the Lord is very much a part of their life it makes it easier to accept. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the strength You will give me to go through this day. Father, today may be the day for pet scan results. You already know those results. You know the desire of my heart is to hear 'no cancer was found' but most importantly I pray 'thy will be done'! Father, I pray for an abundance of Your love to be with my family with the funeral of my Uncle Ofie. I pray You will give my Momma strength not only in her physical body but in her emotional body. I also pray for Betty's family to know You are there for them. I pray they will be comforted today by people in a mighty way. Lord, would You also give me a dose of Your supernatural strength as I have these appointments? Would You calm my tears that seem to be back to flowing so easily? Would You empower me with more of You so I do not get distracted and miss an opportunity You put before me? Oh Father, how I love You and am so grateful where I am in relationship with You. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.


No comments: