Tuesday, November 8, 2016

II Timothy 1:7 - "Whom Shall I Fear"


God always answers prayers but sometimes I don't like His answers. Yesterday was a day of Him answering many in the way I wanted. Breast MRI showed no more cancer in them... Linda's surgery went great...Joan's procedure went great...Nurse Amy was very informative. It was a full day but a blessed day. My Momma's doctor appointment and Gene's radiation were changed for various reasons. We don't know why such things happen but we can be reassured those changes were no surprise to God. He goes before us and paves our path in life to be exactly what we need. Due to free choice we can get off that path but He is always with us, no matter what. I am so grateful for Him and His love, mercy and grace. Today is another day where I am praying and perhaps even relenting a bit. I am thinking this will be the appointment where I find out what lies ahead. I am begging God to not have chemo or radiation in my future. As I pray and write these words I feel like I am being selfish in asking for these two things to not be what I have to do. I am not trying to be selfish. I just don't want to have the distraction of either of these things in my life. I do not want to have 'junk' be put into my body that might kill good stuff. I have always said if I ever got cancer I wouldn't do either of these treatments. But now here I am and it is different when you actually may have to make such a decision. I am singing "Whom Shall I Fear" again this morning. These words....

You crush the enemy
Underneath my feet
You are my sword and shield
Though troubles linger still


God can crush C. He already has done so in my breasts. Next week's petscan over my whole body will reveal if C has went anywhere else. But I am believing He already knows there is no C in my body. This part of this song makes me think about if He chooses to have C somewhere else in me ("Though troubles linger still") I still have Him as "...my sword and shield." I can stand upon that knowledge because He is "The God of angel armies...Is always by my side." I also can stand on the knowledge that He will be victorious over C no matter what as I glorify Him through it! I woke up tired after having a tough night but now I am energized by Him. I am ready to go to this appointment and know whatever I hear is no surprise to Him. I also know He will equip me with whatever is needed to make decisions that need made. He will speak and I will listen. I am empowered by Him in a great way. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the answered prayers from yesterday! Thank You for the empowerment You give me for the day ahead! Lord, You know the desires of my heart...to not do chemo or radiation. I continue to stand on II Timothy 1:7 to be empowered with Your love as I go throughout this day. May You fill me to overflowing so You ooze out of me in such a way people will be awed. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Empower Me! Amen.

No comments: