Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Psalm 139:3 - "Christ Be All Around Me"


Another day, another test, another doctor appointment but I must remind myself it is another day of life. It is a day where the Lord will put opportunities before me and I must not allow the distractions of all that is happening to allow me to miss those opportunities. It is a day of deep hurting in friends and families who are grieving and I must support them even though I cannot be with them. It is a day of hope as I await more test results. Today is just that, today. I cannot change the things of yesterday. I also cannot know what the Lord has in store for tomorrow. Today is an important day because the Lord gave it to me to be His servant. One of the things He has given me to do is pray for people and that I will do. Today I pray for...

  • my family traveling to West Virginia for my uncle's funeral....
  • my uncle's wife, children and grandchildren as they go through these tough days...
  • my friends in Ohio who are dealing with the last days of their loved one being on this earth...
  • my friend and her husband who are dealing with a major change in their lives as they continue on the path of ministry...
  • the lady I found out yesterday was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer...
  • the lady who is having breast surgery Friday...
  • the couple who had their first-born yesterday...
  • the couple in their new ministry assignment...
  • my friend who had surgery yesterday...
  • the couple dealing with major health issues in the spouse...
  • the wife who continues to pray for restoration in her marriage
  • the wife who continues to pray for her husband's spiritual needs
  • the young Momma who went through tragedy in her life and is rebuilding her family
  • myself as I lean upon the Lord's strength to get through my first Thanksgiving away from family
The words to "Christ Be All Around Me" encourage me this morning...

As I rise, strength of God
Go before, lift me up
As I wake, eyes of God
Look upon, be my sight

I know He is with me. I know His strength is my strength. He went through so much while on this earth yet He continued to live out what His Father gave Him to do. I desire to be Christ-like. I desire to live out each and every aspect of life that He wants of me. I desire to take on His strength. I desire to love with His love. I know the way to fulfill these desires is to live in His presence each and every day. 

Above and below me
Before and behind me
In every eye that sees me
Christ be all around me

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being "all around me" as I go throughout this day. Thank You for listening and answering my prayers. Father, I want so bad to be with my family for Uncle Ofie's funeral. My heart breaks. I can't say I understand all that is happening but I can say I am blessed in knowing You are with me. Lord, as I go to this test this morning I know You are with me. I know You already know the results and am grateful for that. Continue to direct the doctors who are caring for me. Give them Your knowledge. Father, I am tired yet hopeful. I am feeling overwhelmed and I pray You will not allow the enemy into an open door into my life because of that. Thank you for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: