Friday, November 25, 2016

Psalm 56:8-13 - "Mended"


Holidays can be wonderful but they can also be horrible. One can be surrounded by people yet feel alone. Emotions can be at a very high or a very low. Memories from childhood can either make one appreciate where they are in life today or they can make one sad for what use to be. People can disappoint by not including you in their plans, by not communicating with you or even sometimes by communicating with hurtful words and/or actions. As I talked with one last night who was contemplating suicide I was reminded just how hard the holidays can be on a person. I listened and tried to encourage but I don't know if they felt any better after the conversation or not. I pray they did. I pray they will seek out help from the Christian world. When they tried to get help from the medical world, they were turned away. My heart goes out to them and to all of those who are in the same place they are. I pray for people who are lonely to not wait on someone to come to them but instead for them to reach out to others. I pray for those who have no family to find a church who will love on them. I pray for those who have family but are not accepted by them to find ways to love on them and forgive them. Most of all I pray for those who are not in personal relationship with the Lord to find Him. As I look back on my day yesterday there were disappointments yet I was reminded that in each and every one of those disappointments God was there for me. He is my Hope in a world that is not always nice. I also was reminded that God gives everyone the freedom to make their own choices. Sometimes those choices are effected by others or circumstances. No matter what, He always encourages me. I pray the same for this one last night who was so saddened by her family. I pray she will listen to Matthew West's song "Mended" and realize God does not hold her past against her but instead desires for her to allow Him to love on her.

So hold on, it's not the end
No, this is where love's work begins
I'm making all things new
And I will make a miracle of you

When someone falls in their relationship with the Lord or maybe they never had a relationship with Him, people are quick to see their old self instead of a new creation in Christ. The past haunts them greatly but it doesn't have to when they allow the Lord to work in and through them. The past is just that. The past. People like to throw up the past when one is trying to live differently and that can be hard. But it is not unbearable. One must make the choice to draw closer to the Lord instead of allowing others to tear them down. This song says it all...

I see my child, my beloved
The new creation you're becoming
You see the scars from when you fell
But I see the stories they will tell

You see worthless, I see priceless
You see pain, but I see a purpose
You see unworthy, undeserving
But I see you through eyes of mercy

When you see broken beyond repair
I see healing beyond belief
You're not too far gone
You're one step away from home

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for second chances. Father, I pray this one I talked with last night made the decision to live. I also pray she will find a believer who can enable her to find peace with You. Lord, thank You for the way You continue to use me even when I may not physically be able to do what I desire to be doing. Thank You for the boldness You give me such as praying with the surgeon before surgery. Lord, You are so good to encourage me. Yesterday was a tough day with being away from family but You blessed me with new 'firsts' that made the day be a blessing. Thank You for being My Hope. Amen.


No comments: