Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Revelation 8:3 - "I Will Rise"

This morning I woke up singing "I Will Rise" and was blessed in knowing another dear saint had her name called to leave this earth. Last night after we received the call we were talking about how awesome it was that it is VBS week for her home coming. She loved working in the church kitchen for VBS. She would get so excited to see the children come in for their cookies and punch. But the best part of her week was when the children would be at the altar giving their lives to Christ. 

It has been quite a few years since she was able to be with us at church let alone be able to serve in capacities such as VBS Snack Coordinator. But she has stayed in our prayers and in our thoughts. There was never a doubt in anyone's mind after talking with Lucille on who you needed to follow. She was a feisty little thing who let it be known that Jesus was her Lord and Savior. She was not afraid to tell people they needed Him too. She grieved over loved ones that didn't follow Him. It was such a joy for her when her dear husband accepted the Lord before his death. She was faithful in her prayers. 

I am reminded of the verse in Revelation that speaks of the prayers of the saints...


Lucille prayed for ones who didn't know the Lord. She was a true prayer warrior who would sit and prayer for an hour without even thinking twice about the time. She would have her list and take the time to pray down over each and every name. I was so blessed to be a part of her life for those few years between the time we came to Willard and the time she moved for family to care for her. Our visits to her in the nursing home were so special. She would always ask about different ones from church and how they were doing. When she was still having her sharp mind, I wonder how many times after we left that she would write names and situations down to pray for. 

As I reflect back on Lucille's life, I think about how I want to be remembered as a "Lucille" when I answer the call from Jesus. I want to be known as...

  • a prayer warrior
  • someone who cares about people..not just in their physical needs but most importantly in their spiritual needs
  • one who loves people unconditionally
  • one with a deep faith and trust in the Lord
  • one who has a giving spirit with whatever the Lord blesses me with
  • feisty...LOL...yes, I want to be known as feisty because those who are known as feisty get things done for the Lord in ways others don't
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege of knowing Lucille. Thank You for the impact she had on not only my life but many others lives. Lord, I know this family will go through a lot of emotions over these next few days. They will miss her terribly but I also know those who know You are rejoicing that she is no longer in pain. They are rejoicing that when You called her name she was ready. "No more sorrow, no more pain..." Yes, Lord! We prayed for You to have mercy just a few days ago when she was put into Hospice care. We are grateful for You to answer those prayers. Lord, use her death on this earth to cause people to come into relationship with You. Lord, empower me to be a "Lucille"...fill me with more of You and less of me so that I can love with Your love. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Call Us Home. Amen.


No comments: