Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Psalm 3 - "Jesus You're My Superhero"

The Lord took me to the book of Psalm this morning and stopped me at chapter three. There are some pretty powerful things in this chapter...
Lord, how many are my foes!
    How many rise up against me!
Many are saying of me,
    “God will not deliver him.
But you, Lord, are a shield around me,
    my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
I call out to the Lord,
    and he answers me from his holy mountain.
I lie down and sleep;
    I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
I will not fear though tens of thousands
    assail me on every side.
Arise, Lord!
    Deliver me, my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
    break the teeth of the wicked.
From the Lord comes deliverance.
    May your blessing be on your people.
He is my shield...my glory...in verse three
He answers me in verse four...
He sustains me in verse five...
He takes away my fear in verse six...
He delivers me in verse seven...
He blesses me in verse eight...
As I read this Psalm, I am so blessed in all of the reminders of what I, as a believer, have in my relationship with Him. But I also am saddened to think of many who don't have such things in their lives. Particularly, my thoughts go back to the three people with addictions. They need the Lord to be so real to them in some mighty ways. They need to believe in Him and trust Him to be greater than the alcohol and drugs that have control of their lives. I also am praying for their families who are believers but go through some nasty times in their daily lives as they live with the addiction of their loved one. I pray for spiritual strength to be upon them in abundance. I also pray for God's wisdom to be their wisdom. I pray if and when the time comes for them to show tough love, they will have His strength to carry it out. Most of all I pray for His love to show through to their loved one in a way that will make them have the desire to allow God to be in control of their life.

It's funny how I woke up to one of the VBS songs from a few weeks ago and thought, "Where did that come from? Why am I singing this?" Now I understand. "Jesus, You're My Superhero" is exactly how I feel. He brought me out of some mighty dark places and loved on me when I felt unloved after falling away from Him. He is definitely my superhero! I can sing and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that "Jesus You're my Superhero; You're my Star, my Best Friend"!!! I can't imagine life without Him and I pray my relationship just keeps going deeper and deeper.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from King David found in Psalm 3. Thank You for bringing me out of the pits of hell and loving me back into relationship with You. Lord, I know You never left...I was the one to walk away. I praise You for never leaving me. I pray these three with addiction I am praying for will find the road to recovery through You. I pray for strength and wisdom in their families. I pray for people to be put into their path who will know You and share You with them. Lord, I also pray for strength today in my physical body but greater than that in my spiritual body. Use my words and actions to show Your love to people. Fill me to overflowing with You, Lord and less of myself. Father, give me Your wisdom as I work on my school work. I also pray for answers to come today on the many issues that are unknown in my life right now. But, Father, most of all I pray for Your will in every aspect of my life. Woo hoo! You thrill me, Lord, with the ways You work in and through my life. Thank You for being My Superhero! Amen.

No comments: