Thursday, August 6, 2015

Proverbs 4 - "Something Beautiful"


Goodness, I just love the way the Lord encourages me through music. This morning when He woke me up singing "Something Beautiful" that Need To Breathe sings I was blessed in abundance. There is just so much going on in my little world right now and I needed reminded that ...

And the water is rising quick
And for years I was scared of it
We can't be sure when it will subside
So I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side.

He is in control...He is in control...He is in control! Yes...I will remember this. Yesterday I told Mordecei, "A funeral during District Assembly/Camp Meeting week. A funeral during VBS week...urgh! Don't people know better than to die then?" Of course, that was a silly thought and I know that but oh my goodness life is tough enough with one extra event let alone a funeral in the mix. But once again I need to remember God is in control. He knows all and I need to stay close to Him for His wisdom and direction. I must remember...

Hey now this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
Cause I am down on my knees
I'm waiting for something beautiful
Oh, something beautiful

Woo hoo! Yes! That is exactly what I want to come from my life..."something beautiful"! I know the only way that will happen is for me to be more consumed with the Lord than ever before. The only way I will know His will is to live His will. There was a time where I felt as this song says. I wanted control and was afraid to allow God free reign in my life. I praise His Holy Name I am to the point in life where He is in control of all I do. I praise His Holy Name He gives me direction. I praise His Holy Name that when I start to feel like life is too much He reminds me He's got this! He will give me physical strength, mental strength and emotional strength to do what He desires.

A couple years ago He encouraged me to give up writing my 'to do' lists. I had daily, weekly and monthly ones that I would keep in my view continually. I never thought I would be able to live without them. When He told me to quit making and using them, I was flabbergasted to say the least. But I actually found freedom in not having them dictate my life. That was one of the first signs of obedience to a fully surrendered life. Now I only make a list when there is a special event happening. With everything going on in life I thought I needed to make some lists to get through these next few days and He assured me that it was OK. This morning as I thought about all that must be accomplished I began to panic but then He assured me that when I keep my focus on Him it will all work out to His glory. Once again, I sing...

Hey now this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
Cause I am down on my knees
I'm waiting for something beautiful
Oh, something beautiful

Dear Jesus,
Thank You, thank You, thank You! You are so awesome in the way You encourage me! Lord, I do want You to consume me. My desire is for You to consume my thoughts, my words, my actions...all of my being! Fill me with more of You and less of me in order for people to see You in me. Father, empower me to knock down the enemy when he comes knocking at my door. Thank You Jesus for being My Everything! Amen.



No comments: