Monday, August 10, 2015

Philippians 1:6; Ephesians 2:10 - "Stronger"

Once again the Lord woke me up to a song Mandisa sings called "Stronger" and I had to think I missed something with it the other day. A part of the song goes like this...

'Cause if He started this work in your life 
He will be faithful to complete it 
If only you believe it 
He knows how much it hurts 
And I'm sure that He's gonna help you get through this 


I am reminded of the words of Paul in Philippians 1:6. 


God created me for a purpose. Even though I can't understand how I will fulfill that purpose at this point in life, He created me for it. From the very first moment I said 'yes' to His saving grace to this point in time He has worked in my life to enable me to fulfill His desire for me. He gives me exactly what I need to fulfill the call upon my life. This is where I am perplexed. I am physically unable to do hospital visits right now. So what is His plan? Has the call of Medical Chaplain changed? I do know through my last class He impressed upon me that I am called to be a Shepherd. But in my thinking that meant in a medical setting. But as I think about it I am fulfilling the call of Shepherd as I am loving on people each and every day. He gives me opportunities to encourage people through phone calls, sending cards and notes over the computer even when I am unable to be with them. Ummmm....wow does that take me back in time. Twenty-one plus years ago when I was going through my diagnosis I realized the need to continue 'doing' for the Lord. At that point in time, I didn't have the computer as a tool so it was a bit different. But praise God for today's technology that enables me to touch lives all over the world in an instant! Woo hoo!

This picture of a sunset I took last week is a great reminder of God's workmanship. He is the Great Artist who created the world we live in. But He also creates every sunrise and every sunset. He creates every season. As I think about the season He has me in right now I'm not really sure where I am. I could say I am in 'winter' because many things are dormant due to physical limitations. I could even say it is a 'hard winter' some days. I could say I'm ready for 'spring' for new life to be seen. Maybe that's where God will reveal something new to me that I am to be doing. No matter what season I am in I hold onto Ephesians 2:10 which promises me that He is preparing me for whatever He desires of me.



When I saw these flowers growing out from the outside of the wall of the Old City of Jerusalem I was amazed how God gave life in such an unusual way/place. He cares for these flowers. He cares for me. He created me to be His servant. He knew when He created me of the physical ailments I would endure. He knows how many hairs are on my head and how many moles are on my body. He knows everything about me. He knows how I am so tired in my physical body yet still have a yearning in my spirit to do His will. Just as the sunset and the flowers in the pictures above are art, so am I. Woo hoo! I like that thought! He adjusts the hues and contrasts of my life, refines and perfects them. He will continue to finish what He started in my life. I am one of His many projects yet I am a priority to Him. I get a picture of Him being The Great Artist who created me, works on me and is pleased with me as His work. I pray He looks down upon me and says to Himself: "That's exactly what I wanted when I created Sheila." And then as an artist looking upon their work He will stand back and say, "Woo hoo! It's good!" 

He is My Creator. As my Creator, He has the power to refine me. I need to remember to not dwell on the negatives of this time of life but rather to find the positives. Yes, I may not be able to be out-and-about as I desire BUT I still am His creation who can love and encourage people in many ways. The desire of my heart is to be the desire of His heart! I refuse to be dormant as He is not dormant. I need to work on not allowing the enemy to distract me as He is not distracted. I will be faithful in this season as God is faithful in all seasons.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders You have given me this morning through music and scripture. Lord, You are so awesome! Thank You for the strength You provided me with yesterday. What a blessing to hear the children saying their memory verses for the closing program! Thank You for the words to the song "Never Give Up" they sang for me. Thank You for all that worked so hard investing their time and energy into the children here in Willard. Father, I also thank You for the celebration of Miss Clementine's first birthday. What a fun time! Hearing "Papa Doc! Grandma Sheila" when we went into the yard yesterday and getting big hugs filled my emotional tank up to overflowing! Once again, I'm grateful to You. Lord, You are with me today...I feel You so close and for that I am grateful. You know the schedule with therapy and a procedure and I know You have already taken care of those things. You also know things I don't know about...people who will see You in me. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me so there will be no doubt that it is You directing my life. Lord, we are physically, mentally and emotionally spent. Would You direct us as to how we could get away from the daily grind to fill our tanks? Would you open doors that would do just that? Would You enable us to see how that can happen? Thank You Jesus for being My Great Artist! Amen.


No comments: