Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Acts - "Same Power"


This morning the Lord took me to Jeremy Camp's song "Same Power" which is such an encouragement. It does not matter what we are going through in life, if we depend upon the Lord's power we will have victory. I think there are too many people who don't believe these words...

The same power that rose Jesus from the grave
The same power that commands the dead to wake
Lives in us, lives in us
The same power that moves mountains when He speaks
The same power that can calm a raging sea
Lives in us, lives in us
He lives in us, lives in us


His power lives in us! His power lives in us! Yes! That is truth! These words are something we can depend upon! They enable us to get through trials with strength that is attainable by anything on this earth! Woo hoo! 

The book of Acts is full of examples of people who had the Holy Spirit's power...

  • Jesus (1:2; 10:38)
  • the early Christians (4:8; 5:30-32)
  • Stephen (6:8-10)
  • Philip (8:29)
  • Peter (10:19-20; 11:12)


There is so much to learn about relying on the power of the Holy Spirit in the book of Acts. Ananias and Sapphire (5:1-11) died because of their disobedience to the Holy Spirit. Barnabas was empowered by the Holy Spirit as he went to Antioch to minister (11:22-24). It was there the church commissioned Barnabas and Saul to go out to the mission field through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit (13:1-4). Paul was empowered by the Holy Spirit to appoint the leaders of the church of Ephesus (20:28). The groundwork was laid down for us in the book of Acts to enable us to see the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. That empowerment was not just for years ago but is real today. We have the empowerment of the Holy Spirit if and when we allow Him to work in and through us. Woo hoo! 

I am excited for the reminder this morning that I am empowered to do more than I could do on my own strength! I am excited to know He is in me! Some of the words to this song this morning are...

Greater is He that is living in me
He's conquered our enemy
No power of darkness
No weapon prevails
We stand here in victory 



Yes! I am standing in victory through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit! Whatever is ahead in this day, I am ready! Wherever He leads, I will go! However He chooses to use me, I will respond! It is in this way of life that I will stay empowered by Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You so much for the empowerment of Your Holy Spirit! You are so awesome in the way You remind me of such things! Lord, wherever You lead I will follow. Whatever You desire of me, I will do. However You choose to be revealed through me, I pray will be a blessing upon someone's life. Fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me so I will be a vessel of truth for You. I pray for more believers to be empowered by Your Holy Spirit in a way that will blow them away! Thank You Jesus for being The One To Empower Me! Amen!


No comments: