Monday, August 31, 2015

Psalm 90 - "Back To You"


This morning the Lord woke me to praying for some people going through some tough situations in life who need the Lord to reveal Himself to them in a mighty way.

  • A young man who was brought up in a non-believing home that was full of evil. He had no right upbringing and is finding himself in a difficult situation. There is a fine line on how much to do and not do for him. We don't want to enable him to continue the path he was raised on yet neither do we want to see him without the Lord being his guide. I pray for all of those helping him to listen to the Lord for direction
  • An alcoholic waiting on going to rehab later this week. Once again this man needs the Lord in a great way. I am thankful he chose to take the route of rehab. What an answer to prayer. But I also am praying he finds the Lord in this process. I pray for his family to be strong in their faith.
  • Another alcoholic who is going to AA meetings and once again trying to stay sober. I pray he would completely surrender to the Lord. I pray for strength for his wife as she continues on the roller coaster life of addiction with him.
  • A man who has been kicked down by people and situations but needs his spiritual tank filled in order to be the man the Lord desires of him. I pray for those who have hurt, and continue to hurt, him to realize they need to seek the Lord's will for their own lives. I pray for him to be filled to overflowing with the Lord to the point he feels like he will burst. I pray for those around him to be encouragers to him.
  • Three people going through difficult times with their aging parents having health issues. I pray for the Lord's will in their parents life. I also pray for them to realize the Lord's strength is their strength. I pray they will draw closer to the Lord during these tough days. I pray for wisdom for the doctors in these situations.
  • A believer who is going through physical issues and needs the Lord to heal not only his physical body but also his emotional body. I pray for him to seek the Lord's wisdom on when to go to the doctor. Also I am praying for another believer who needs to seek the Lord's wisdom for when she needs to go to the doctor.
  • Two who are going through battles with cancer who are seeking more of the Lord...I pray they will continue to seek His strength.
  • A young one who has asthma attacks. I pray for deep breathing for her today. I pray for wisdom for her parents regarding her health situation. Most of all I pray for them to seek the Lord's will with her health.
The Lord took me to Psalm 90 this morning.... 

Lord, you have been our dwelling place
    throughout all generations.
Before the mountains were born
    or you brought forth the whole world,
    from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
You turn people back to dust,
    saying, “Return to dust, you mortals.”
A thousand years in your sight
    are like a day that has just gone by,
    or like a watch in the night.
Yet you sweep people away in the sleep of death—
    they are like the new grass of the morning:
In the morning it springs up new,
    but by evening it is dry and withered.
We are consumed by your anger
    and terrified by your indignation.
You have set our iniquities before you,
    our secret sins in the light of your presence.
All our days pass away under your wrath;
    we finish our years with a moan.
10 Our days may come to seventy years,
    or eighty, if our strength endures;
yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow,
    for they quickly pass, and we fly away.
11 If only we knew the power of your anger!
    Your wrath is as great as the fear that is your due.
12 Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
13 Relent, Lord! How long will it be?
    Have compassion on your servants.
14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
    that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
15 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us,
    for as many years as we have seen trouble.
16 May your deeds be shown to your servants,
    your splendor to their children.
17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us;
    establish the work of our hands for us—
    yes, establish the work of our hands.

It is amazing when we are in a relationship in which we can hear Him...when we will allow Him to guide not only our thoughts but also our actions. He amazes me with the way He loves each and every one of us. Verses fourteen and fifteen speak so greatly to me. He satisfies me each and every morning as I have time alone with Him. He also makes me glad for these days of affliction because of the way He is using me through them. Verse seventeen is the icing on the cake! 


May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us;
    establish the work of our hands for us—
    yes, establish the work of our hands.

I love what Matthew Henry says about this passage...


Those who would learn true wisdom, must pray for Divine instruction, must beg to be taught by the Holy Spirit; and for comfort and joy in the returns of God's favour. They pray for the mercy of God, for they pretend not to plead any merit of their own. His favour would be a full fountain of future joys. It would be a sufficient balance to former griefs. Let the grace of God in us produce the light of good works. And let Divine consolations put gladness into our hearts, and a lustre upon our countenances. The work of our hands, establish thou it; and, in order to that, establish us in it. Instead of wasting our precious, fleeting days in pursuing fancies, which leave the possessors for ever poor, let us seek the forgiveness of sins, and an inheritance in heaven. Let us pray that the work of the Holy Spirit may appear in converting our hearts, and that the beauty of holiness may be seen in our conduct.

Yes! "His favour would be a full fountain of future joys." Woo hoo! Not just joy for today but for the future is what this passage says we will have when we seek more of Him. I think about my words yesterday about how if we truly want to be fishers of men we first must have the right equipment. Part of that right equipment is being in right relationship with the Lord. In order to hear His Voice, we first must be in that right relationship. When we are in that right relationship, our wants and desires will be His wants and desires. Woo hoo! Oh how I pray for more believers to get to the point in their lives where His desire is their desire. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your presence in my life. Thank You for the way You direct me and use me. Father, I prayed for so many different ones this morning who need You to feel Your presence in a mighty way today. I pray You will come down upon them right where they are in order for them to draw closer to you. Father, put people before them who will do or so something to make a difference in their life. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy! Amen.


No comments: