Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Deuteronomy 31:8 - "You Make Me Brave"

This morning the Lord woke me up with an urgency to pray. I kept asking for who I was to pray for but He kept saying, "Pray!" As I did, a song Amanda Cook wrote came to my mind. It is called "You Make Me Brave." The part that kept going through my mind was...

As Your love, in wave after wave
Crashes over me, crashes over me
For You are for us, You are not against us
Champion of Heaven
You made a way for all to enter in


He told me there are some people in my little world who need reminded of His love for them. Instead of seeing His love in the waves they are seeing what the enemy wants them to see. Fear. Cowardice. Inadequacy. The Lord's desire is that they are brave in Him. He is the One to enable us to overcome the negatives of life. He is the One who will fill us to overflowing with more of Him when we ask. He is the One. He drew me to Deuteronomy 31:8 this morning.


As I prayed, He brought different ones to my mind. I prayed for them to see they can be brave when they walk with Him. Yes, there will be times when it gets hard to stay on the right path but it is not impossible. He is greater than alcohol. He is greater than money. He wants to be the One we are in love with instead of ourselves. The desire of His heart is for everyone to realize He is the One who fights for us each and every day. In order for the fight to be won we must team up with Him and stand against the enemy.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this precious time this morning in prayer. Thank You for waking me and giving me the opportunity to pray for so many people who need reminded of Your love for them. Father, some of these ones You brought to my mind I don't normally have contract with. Would You please put someone before them that will speak Your love over them? Build them up with words from You instead of allowing the enemy to rip them apart. Lord, fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You in me. Father, touch my physical body and enable me to do Your will today. Thank You Jesus for being My Champion of Heaven. Amen.


No comments: