Friday, August 7, 2015

II Chronicles 20:15 - "Stronger"; "Never Give Up"

"God is in control...God is in control...God is in control" I needed to keep telling myself that yesterday as I went through one of the most frustrating days. It seemed like I had regressed with the function of my legs when I got up yesterday. That kicked in some emotional junk which made me not be able to say what I wanted to say and the frustration took over my thought process. I was hurrying to get to a 11:15 therapy appointment only to find out on the way there it wasn't until 1:00. When I went to the drug store to get medication, I couldn't get it because of the insurance issue and I didn't have an extra $700 to pay for it. In therapy I fell to pieces in tears because of the legs not functioning. The day seemed so overwhelming. Even though I kept repeating "God is in control...God is in control...God is in control" I began to allow thoughts go through my mind that I know I shouldn't. I wondered such things as "Why is everything going wrong?" even though I knew not everything was going wrong! I also wondered "How am I suppose to get through this junk?" only to answer myself with "God in in control!" 

During the night the Lord woke me up to talk. I begged Him to just allow me to go back to sleep. I was only going to have a few hours the way it was. But that wasn't His plan. Instead, we conversed...

God: Daughter, you must remember what you told yourself all day long. I am in control.

Me: But Lord...

God: Listen to me. Did you not see Me throughout this day? Did you not hear me? Let me remind You of those incidents...

  • I was there prior to you even waking up. I had Kim pray for you at 5AM because I knew it was going to be a difficult day. 
  • I was with you when Beth and Josh comforted you and encouraged you when you cried at your therapy appointment.
  • Do you remember the song I brought to your mind after therapy? I encouraged you through the lyrics. When the waves are taking you under; Hold on just a little bit longer;
    He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger; The pain ain't gonna last forever;
    In time it's gonna get better; Believe me; This is gonna make you stronger
  • Did you hear little Paiten when she asked to sing "Never Give Up"? I put that thought in her mind just for you.
  • I prompted Jody to remind you of that song after you returned home last night.
  • Did you hear the words of Iwilda when she called you last night? "Sometimes the Lord tests us." Yes, Daughter. This is a test. Will you fail and allow the evil one to consume you or will you pass with flying colors with a deepened faith?
  • Why do you think you were reminded of Crystal's words from II Chronicles 20:15, This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's.?
  • Did you read the words I prompted Sheryl to give you? Did you see the picture? Your faith is deep and will NOT be shaken.

  • Will you do as Cindy suggested when she saw your words that I am in control? 'yes He is...Yes He Is...YES HE IS!!! smile emoticon (the more we say it, the more we believe and the more exciting it is!)'
Daughter, I am always with you. Sometimes I use others to speak to you but it is I in them. Remember that nothing that happened yesterday was a surprise to me.

Me: Thank You, Lord! I am overwhelmed with Your love.

The next thing I knew the clock was going off. I had fallen back to sleep, peacefully after that conversation. Today is a new day. The human side of me hopes it is not as challenging as yesterday. The spiritual side of me says 'bring it on because I will pass this test with flying colors!'

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for not only getting me through yesterday but more importantly for showing me how You were with me every step of the day. Thank You for Your love that encompasses every aspect of my being. Lord, fill me with more of You and less of me. I pray for Your full armor to enable me to stand against the enemy when he comes knocking at my door. I pray for an empowerment of the Holy Spirit to lead me everywhere I go today and in every word I say. Woo hoo! I am excited to see what You have in store for me today. Thank You Jesus for being The One In Control of My Life! Amen.


No comments: