Sunday, August 16, 2015

Psalm 91:1 - "Even If"


4:15...woke up with "Even If" on my lips...
5:15...woke up with "Even If" on my lips...
6:08...woke up with "Even If" on my lips...
Finally when I got up at 6:40 once again "Even If" was on my lips.
I guess the Lord wanted me to think about the words to this song. Although I must admit there are parts of it I don't want to think about. Such as...

Even if the healing doesn’t come
And life falls apart
And dreams are still undone

But I need to reflect upon...

You are God You are good
Forever faithful One

No matter what happens in life He is the One to be with us every step of the way. When we are uncertain, He is our Certainty. When we feel like we can't go on, He is Our Strength. When we are frustrated, He is our Peace. The path for all of these things come in having faith and trust in Him. Wow...the three words the Lord gave me the other night to share with one going through a tough time were faith, love and trust. And now today He is reminding me of the same. Woo hoo! He also had me share Psalm 91 with that person. This morning I went to Psalm 91 and was comforted in the fact that He is My Protector. He protects me from things I don't even know about. He protects me from myself at times. When I pray for something that is not in His will, He protects me from it. 

You’re still the Great and Mighty One
We trust You always
You’re working all things for our good
We’ll sing your praise 

This morning I am praising His Holy Name for the reminder of faith, love and trust. I am praising His Holy Name for the reminder that He is My Protector and shields me with His mighty shadow as I rest in Him. Woo hoo! 

Dear Jesus,
I must admit as this song went through my mind multiple times I was feeling down that You were telling me this way of life was my new norm. But now I am feeling blessed and hopeful as I wait to see what the outcome is for me. Lord, thank You for these reminders this morning...faith, love and trust. Thank You for reminding me that I need to stay in the Secret Place with You throughout each and every day of my life. Thank You for filling me with more of You and less of me in order for more people to see You in me. Thank You for loving me so much that You bless me each and every day with a caring husband. Lord, bless him in abundance as You speak through him today. I pray a physical blessing upon his body as it is going to be a long and tiring day. Fill him to overflowing with Your strength. Lord, bless our efforts as we serve You. May we see fruit from those efforts. Lord, I also pray for wisdom and guidance as we make decisions. Thank You Jesus for being Our Protector. Amen.

No comments: