Monday, August 3, 2015

Psalm 11 - "Even If"


This morning I woke up way to early in my opinion and could not go back to sleep. I was uncomfortable in my physical body. I prayed but didn't get into His word for a little bit hoping to go back to sleep. When that didn't happen, I started reading. The Lord took me to Psalm11. As I read it, I wondered why He took me to that particular Psalm. I don't feel like I am distrusting God as David did in this scripture. I know He is in control. I prayed for a miracle with the insurance issue to be resolved by August 1 and that didn't happen. But I still trust Him in being in this situation. One of two things will happen as I am without insurance...

  1. I won't have a need for insurance
  2. If there is a need for insurance, He will take care of it

No matter what, I still trust in the Lord as He is in control. Matthew Henry writes about this passage....

Those that truly fear God and serve him, are welcome to put their trust in him. The psalmist, before he gives an account of his temptation to distrust God, records his resolution to trust in Him, as that by which he was resolved to live and die. The believer, though not terrified by his enemies, may be tempted, by the fears of his friends, to desert his post, or neglect his work. They perceive his danger, but not his security; they give him counsel that savours of worldly policy, rather than of heavenly wisdom. The principles of religion are the foundations on which the faith and hope of the righteous are built. We are concerned to hold these fast against all temptations to unbelief; for believers would be undone, if they had not God to go to, God to trust in, and future bliss to hope for. 
He is the One I go to at all times, whether it be times of plenty or times of need. He is the One I trust in. He is my Hope. Plain and simple. I do not have to worry about this insurance situation or the appeal process. He knows the outcome and that is all that matters. No matter what happens He will direct my path and take care of me. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this scripture this morning. I am not where I am feeling like I can't trust You but I have to wonder since You took me to this scripture this morning if You protected me from the enemy pulling me into a time of distrust. Lord, I don't know why things are the way they are but I do know You are in control. You know the reason for all of this 'junk' and You know the outcome. I don't have to worry about it. Woo hoo! Lord, fill me with more of You and less of me so I can be more effective for You. Bless me today with people seeing You in me in some mighty ways. Thank You Lord for being The One I Put My Trust In. Amen.


No comments: