Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Proverbs 14:12 - "Jesus Friend of Sinners"

"The Lord will protect you from all harm when it comes upon you." I woke up startled with that thought. I wasn't sure who said it or the meaning of it and fell back to sleep. I had a dream about going up a flight of stairs that were open where a banister should have been. There was a drop down several flights of stairs. I was carrying a couple things and fearful of falling. Once again I woke up to, "The Lord will protect you from all harm when it comes upon you." I was perplexed as to why I was dreaming this. Perhaps it was from the stories the missionary speaker told us of many times the Lord had protected him and his family from such things as snakes, malaria, etc. 

I prayed for the Lord to give me direction on what I was to receive from this and He said, "Daughter, be reminded of Proverbs 14:12."


Once again, I prayed for the Lord's direction. I was a bit confused. I was being reminded He would protect me. I also was reminded of the fact that God's way is the only way. Last night Carlos challenged us to share our testimony with one person. He reminded us the Church of the Nazarene stands on making Christ-like disciples. I prayed again about the dream and the verse. The Lord revealed to me what it is all about. "Daughter, there are some you are in contact with who are walking down a road they think is of Me when in fact it is not. The enemy is just that. He has them convinced the road they are on is the right one when in fact they are headed to destruction. I will protect you as you minister to them. I assure you the enemy will come knocking at your door as you share with them but I promise you My hand of protection will be upon you." Oh my...then He revealed to me a name of one I am to minister to. I questioned Him because it is hard to believe this person is headed to destruction with the way they live their life. He assured me it was true. I also questioned Him as to how I would be able to do the task He has given me. They are not the easiest person to communicate with nor are they open to me. He reassured me He would open doors for the communication to happen. Oh my...

Dear Jesus,
You have put a very difficult task before me and I definitely need Your guidance to do it. I pray for more of You and less of me so I will be enabled to do as You desire. Father, prepare this person's heart for a revelation that they may not even be aware of. Prepare my heart and my words for communication with them. Oh Lord, how I don't want to do this but I know I must be obedient to You. Father, You just brought the song "Jesus Friend of Sinners" sung by Casting Crowns to my mind. I pray You will "...break our hearts for what breaks yours..." Thank You Jesus for being My Right Way! Amen.

No comments: