Thursday, August 20, 2015

Matthew 6:9 - "The Maker"

The first time I went to sleep I had "The Maker" going through my mind. It was there again for the second and third time I went back to sleep. When I awoke this morning, it was still with me. I love this song and know when I sing it I truly mean the words...

Your love is like a mighty fire deep inside my bones
I feel like I could climb a thousand mountains all at once
And I never have to wonder if somebody cares for me
I love the Maker 
And the Maker loves me

  • Yesterday was a roller coaster of a day. Doc had to pick up something in Columbus and asked if I wanted to ride along. Well, of course I did! I love to get out and about. On the way we stopped to give Mr. Beckett his birthday present so that meant having a short time with four of my five grand babies. Oh the joy I received with those precious moments!



    The song continues...

    I see You, You are creation
    I see the grandness of Your majesty
    The universe is singing all Your glory
    I can't believe You live inside of me

    Everything that You have made is beautiful
    Oh, my God, I can't believe my eyes
    But in all of this to think that You would think of me
    Makes my heart come alive

    Yes! I see Him all around me each and every day. But in the times I get to see my babies with their babies I just burst with joy for all the Lord has done in my life through them. I was reminded again last night that I prayed for three boys and three girls when I was a little girl and that's what I received. Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus!

    Yesterday was a bit much on my physical body and by the end of the day I was struggling more so with my legs than usual. I think it is why the Lord continued to bring this song to my heart.

    I see You in the sunrise
    I see You in the rain
    I see You in the laughter
    I feel You through the pain
    He wants me to remember His love for me is with me no matter what just as He did with the writer of this song, Chris August. The Lord took him out of a dark place after an accident. He was dealing with depression and made the choice to lean into God instead of allowing the words of the doctors to overtake him. Last night in Bible study Jim talked about how we have a choice to make each and every day. We can either allow the world to drive us or we can allow the Lord to drive us. He gives us free will. We must decide how we will exercise it. As Chris August went through the time after his accident, he chose to allow the Lord to drive him. As he was still in the Lord's presence the Lord blessed him with not only a physical healing but most importantly a spiritual healing. Woo hoo! That is exciting! The Lord did not create him on this earth without a purpose. In seeking more of the Lord, his journey went deeper than he ever could imagine. That is exactly what I want. Do I want a physical healing? Only if it is God's will. God's will is that there is no sickness on this earth just as there is none in heaven (Matthew 6:10). Therefore, it is God's will that I will not have MS. Do I want a spiritual healing? More than anything else on this earth I want to live in His presence 24/7. Once again I go back to Matthew 6:10. "...on earth as it is in heaven..." YES! We can worship Him in His presence while on this earth when we chose to do so. Why? Because His Word tells us we can. "...on earth as it is in heaven..." Oh my...that gives me the Holy Spirit goosebumps! And all of this can happen because of His great love for us. He created us to love Him and to love others.

    Dear Jesus,
    Thank You for the reminders from this song! Thank You for giving me time with Ben and the kids yesterday! Thank You for giving me emotional strength when my legs weren't functioning! Thank You for loving me so greatly that You used my four-legged buddy to check on my multiple times during the night to show me another aspect of Your love. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me. As I go to therapy, I pray for Your Spirit to be upon me in a way that people will see and hear You through me. Lord, I pray for the two having surgeries today. Lord, I do pray for their physical bodies but most importantly I pray for their spiritual bodies. Draw them to You through someone who will say or do something for You. Thank You Jesus for being My Maker! Amen.



No comments: