Saturday, August 29, 2015

James 1 - "Back To You"


My normal morning routine that I pray before getting out of bed is to pray, "Lord give me more of You and less of me so I will be You to people today." This morning I said, "Lord" and nothing else came out. I started again, "Lord" and then these words came "Enable me to not only be a hearer of Your Word but a doer of Your Word." Alrighty then! I do believe the Lord has something different for me today. Immediately, a song Mandisa sings called "Back To You" came to my lips.

You gave Your love, You gave Your life
You gave Your everything and I
Wanna give it all back
Give it all back to You
You took a heart so black and blue
And piece by piece You make it new
The only thing left, the only thing left to do
Is give it all back to You
Give it all back to You

Yes! He gave everything in order for me to be where I am today. He loves me. He guides me. He uses me. He encourages me. He deserves my life to be what He so desires of me. 

The first chapter of James is one of my favorites. As I read such things as "count it all joy" (vs 2) when going through 'junk' on this earth, I get excited. The only way to be able to be joyful in tough times is to have His peace. The promise of eternal life in verse twelve gives me hope. As I deal with 'junk' on this earth, He is not only with me but He will sustain me until I reach the Promise Land. Verses nineteen and twenty tell me how I am to be with my speech and attitude. They read:

19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

Verse twenty-two is the icing on the cake! When we not only read His Word but we follow it, we are doing His Will. Woo hoo! I love this! As I am joyful through trials...as I allow Him to guard my speech and my attitude...as I stand against giving into temptation...as I seek more wisdom from Him...as I persevere...when, not if, but when I do these things I will spend eternity with Him. Not only that but life will be so much easier and more fulfilling while on this earth. 

As I think back on the way He woke me up this morning, I am feeling pretty blessed. Evidently I needed a boost in my spirit and that is exactly what I received. Woo hoo! I am so tired in my physical body and that was taking a toll on my emotional and spiritual body. To that I say, "NO!" The Lord is in control...He is my Strength...He is the One I depend upon. Most of all, He is the One to know what will happen each and every day. I don't have to worry. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from James 1 this morning. Thank You for loving me through these encouraging words. Thank You for being with me every step of my days. Thank You for enabling me to stand upon James 1:2 and claim joyfulness. Thank You for enabling me to stand upon James 1:22 in that I will do as Your word says. You are so awesome! Lord, fill me with more of you and less of me. Father, I pray You will lead my steps and my words today. Let people see/hear You in me. Thank You for being My Greatest Encourager. Amen.

No comments: