Saturday, August 15, 2015

Jeremiah 1:9 - "I Am Not Alone"

"I just can't 'do' today...I am done...I don't have the energy to put one foot in front of the other..." Yes, these were the thoughts as I drug myself out of bed. I immediately felt the tears coming to my eyes. Then I heard my phone ding with a message and was so blessed for God's perfect timing as I read what Sister Diane wrote to me...

"They will fight for you, but they will fail. For I am with you, and I will take care of you. I, the Lord, have spoken!" Jeremiah 1:19 NLT

"If you put faith in God, you can live every day with peace and reassurance. Putting your faith in God means you believe He will work for your good. If things don't turn out as expected, He will catch you and provide for you. There is peace knowing your Heavenly Father is looking out for you. If you see a tough day ahead of you tomorrow, just lean on God and shift your worries to Him and your day will be different." (from Daily Bible Devotions)

Wow, Lord! Thank You for so many reminders from this message. First of all, thank You for the obedience of my dear friend who shared with me what You wanted me to have this morning. Secondly, thank You for giving me this faith boost this morning. Thirdly, thank You for making me realize the reason for the tears this morning was because of "I"...yes...I was not giving the day to You but instead thinking of how "I" couldn't do it. This is Your day, Lord. I am reassured Your strength will be my strength to do Your will. Woo hoo!

As I sit here writing this, I am in such pain in my back. Yet I know the Lord is with me. As I start to pray, He brings Kari Jobe's song "I Am Not Alone" to me...

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see Your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You
Lord, You fight my every battle
And I will not fear

In Sister Diane's message it says that I need to "lean on God" and in this song it says, "I am pressing into You." The key to getting through these difficult days in being in close relationship with Him. I cannot allow the enemy any foothold into my life to play havoc with my faith. When I allow the Lord to be in control, I will be able to sing and truly mean the words...

You're my strength
You're my defender
You're my refuge in the storm
Through these trials
You've always been faithful
You bring healing to my soul

Yes! He is all these things to me. He will be faithful to me as He brings "healing to my soul..." This reminds me of something I read yesterday in a devotional. "Come to Me with all your weaknesses: physical, emotional, and spiritual. Rest in the comfort of My Presence, remembering that nothing is impossible with Me." And to that I say, 'Amen'! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You so much for being so very real to me this morning! Lord, I pray a blessing upon this day for Heather and Jacob. I pray You will give them the desires of their heart as they pledge their love for another. Thank You for the opportunity to be a part of their lives. Lord, I pray for people in their midst today to not cause stress upon them. Father, bring to people's minds that this day is about this dear couple and not about what they want. Lord, I pray Your strength to be my strength throughout this day. Fill me to overflowing so people will see You in me. May Your words be on my tongue and Your actions/attitude be mine. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength, My Defender, My Refuge In This Storm. Amen.

No comments: