Saturday, May 2, 2015

II Corinthians 5:11-21 - "Hello, My Name Is"


I woke up this morning singing "Hello, My Name Is" and started smiling. Just as the words of the song says...

These are the voices, these are the lies
And I have believed them, for the very last time

I, nor any other believer, have to believe the lies the enemy puts before us. Sometimes those words come from other people. Sometimes they come in our mind. But no matter what we must believe and stand on...

Hello, my name is child of the one true King
I've been saved, I've been changed, and I have been set free
"Amazing Grace" is the song I sing
Hello, my name is child of the one true King

Yes, we all have a past and yes, the Lord can use that past to enable others to not make the same mistake. But we do not have to live in the past....

I am no longer defined
By all the wreckage behind
The one who makes all things new
Has proven it's true
Just take a look at my life

What a testimony we can be for the Lord when we stand in His promises.
What a testimony we can be for the Lord when we allow the Holy Spirit to be in us and work through us.
What a testimony we can be for the Lord when we accept His love, His mercy and His grace.
What a testimony we can be for the Lord when we surrender to Him with our entire being.

II Corinthians 5 reads...

11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience. 12 We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart. 13 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. 14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. 16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors,as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Verse seventeen is where I say "woo hoo"!!!!!  "The old has gone, the new is here!" We don't have to live in our past! Even when the enemy tries to pull us down the Lord is there to encourage us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder today that I am a "child of the one true King" and that "I've been saved, I've been changed, and I have been set free"! Woo hoo! Father, there are so many hurting people in my little world. There are so many being torn apart by words of others. Lord, I pray they will find healing. I pray they will come to You in full surrender. Lord, use me to be a walking testimony for You. Thank You Jesus for being My King! Amen.


No comments: