Wednesday, May 20, 2015

II Corinthians 12:7b-10 - "Oceans"

What does one do when they...
have to deal with the death of the loved one?
see a loved one dealing with a terminal disease?
watch their child suffering with a disease?
hear the news they need treatment for a newly diagnosed cancer?
feel like they are all alone?
find their body is being torn apart with chronic pain?
find their spouse no longer wants to be married?
are losing their job which supports their family?
find there is not enough money to cover this month's bills?
realize they are not in control of the chaos going on in their life?
feel like they are the biggest burden ever to their family members?
are hurt so deeply by the words of someone who they love?

The answer is obvious. They call upon the Lord. The words to "Oceans" were on my lips this morning...

I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise my soul will rest in your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine


The only way to get through life with any peace at all is through leaning on the Lord. He will direct you and your faith will be deepened as you go through "junk" on this earth. When we trust in the Lord, He will give us exactly what we need. 

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior


In these days of dealing with this MS flair-up I have a choice. I can either continue to seek the Lord for His guidance and do as He tells me or I can feel sorry for myself and give up. Obviously, that second option is not really an option because I am not a quitter. I refuse to allow MS to have control of me. It may have control of my legs right at the moment but when you think about it, it really doesn't. Only the Lord has control. With that being said, then why doesn't the Lord just make them start working again? I don't know...He hasn't shared that with me. But I do know He can make that happen if it is in His plan. I also know until I do start walking on my own I will continue to seek His will for my life. I will call upon Him to direct me. I will mean these words as they are on my lips...

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and you won't start now


I will stand on II Corinthians 12...
Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
MS is definitely a thorn in my flesh and the enemy uses it to try to take my faith away from me. BUT he will never win because of the promises found in these verses. God's grace is all I need to get through the tough days. His power is all I need when I deal with tough days. As I sang, Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander I chuckled since my legs aren't functioning. It is not about my physical body that the Lord is taking me deeper. It is my spiritual life. Woo hoo! Oh how I pray for the depth of my faith to plunge deeper in these days.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning that You will never leave me. Thank You for the reminder of the deepening in my faith. Father, You are so awesome! Your presence is where I find comfort. Lord, You know the emotions I have been dealing with these last few days..they way I have felt like a failure and a burden..take these thoughts away and remind me throughout this day that Your love is enough to take care of all of these feelings. Father, please take away the hurt that comes into play with this situation. Lord, as I go for the IV's I pray for more of You and less of me so people will see You in me. Fill me to overflowing. Lord, I am sorry I am asking just for myself. There are so many hurting people going through some tough stuff. Bless them with a revelation of Your peace today. Thank You Jesus for being My Sustainer. Amen.


No comments: