Sunday, May 24, 2015

II Chronicles 20:15; Psalm 91:14-16; Psalm 23; John 10:3; Proverbs 31:25 - "He Knows My Name"


Yesterday the Lord encourage me with the reminder that this battle belongs to Him. I don't have to worry. I don't have to fret. I don't have to wonder what will happen from this point. He is in control. I am so grateful for the way He takes care of us in the midst of chaos. What I didn't know was that He was preparing me for another "bump in the road" on this journey. Actually, it isn't a "bump" but could probably be described as a "sinkhole." I cannot allow the enemy a foothold with this but oh my is it hard. I was grateful for the words to "He Knows My Name" this morning to encourage me...

I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

[Chorus]
He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call


I am reminded of Psalm 23 this morning. What a comfort in having the word picture of a shepherd caring for his sheep. Thinking of him calling out the names of his sheep and them coming to him is precious. That's how it is with the Lord. He is our Good Shepherd. He knows each of us by name. When He calls our name, we need to follow. John 10:3 reads, 
Jesus said of a good shepherd, "The sheep hear his voice; and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out." Then he told the disciples, "I am the Good Shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine," 
He knows my name...woo hoo! I am not just a number but I am special to Him. That gives me such joy and contentment. That reminds me that I am His and He is mine. It reminds me that He is always here for me. As I think of this "sinkhole" given to me yesterday I am weary. I don't even know what to think at this point. But I must trust the Lord and allow Him to be glorified through it. I must rely on Him for wisdom and direction. I must listen to His voice calling me and loving on me. His love will bathe me in exactly what I need. He will be My Protection.

When I saw this picture this morning, I thought about how hard it is to smile at the future right now. Then the Lord checked me and said, "Daughter, I am Your future. Why would you not smile?" Ooopppsss....sorry Lord! He is so right. No matter what the future holds, He is my strength. I am His, He is mine. He is My Strength. He is My Good Shepherd. "He hears me when I call" upon Him. He is hearing my cries right now. "He knows my every thought" so I don't even have to tell Him what I am thinking/feeling. 
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these many reminders today of Your faithfulness to me. Thank You for loving on me in some mighty awesome ways. Lord, Your peace is what I need and I know it is there for me. Father, please keep my awareness up against attacks of the enemy. I can't allow him any foothold whatsoever. I pray for the one who I talked with yesterday who is going through a difficult storm in her life. May my words, prayers and anointing be so very real to her as she awaits her procedure. Lord, touch her not only physically but most importantly in a spiritual sense. Help her to know You are her future. Lord, use me today to be a beacon of light for You. Fill me to overflowing so others will see You in me. Put the smile on my face that is genuine and Lord, I pray You would remind me throughout this day that You are my future. You have everything under control. I don't know when You will reveal the purpose of all of this to me but that's OK. I am OK because You give me exactly what I need when I need it. Just when I think I am going to fall apart You strengthen me. Thank You Jesus for being My Future! Amen.

No comments: