Friday, May 29, 2015

I John 4:7-21 - "Evidence"

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God;but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17 This is how love is made completeamong us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 19 We love because he first loved us. 20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. 21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister. I John 4


What a blessing to be encouraged by the Lord! These last few days have been ones where I know the enemy has tried so hard to steal my joy. But I am determined he will not be successful! Since I can't be out and about unless my hubby drives me to wherever I want to go it is so, so hard for me. You just don't realize what you have until you don't have it. If I were a rich woman, I would hire me a driver! But since I am not I asked the Lord to open my eyes up for opportunities to be Him to others even from the comfort of my own home. He reminded me yesterday that I am an encouragement to those who read what I write, to those I let know I am praying for them, and to those I talk to. For that, I am grateful. I sure don't want to waste any time on this earth when I can be a blessing to others. I remember not too long ago saying something about however the Lord wants to use me is fine by me. At that time, I was functioning normally...well, at least as normal as I could. Now here I am with non-functioning legs yet I know the Lord is going to use me each and every day. It doesn't surprise me that He woke me up to Citizen's Way "Evidence" this morning...

Mercy and grace and compassion
They’re only words without action

I need hands that are open
Reaching out for broken hearts
‘Cause that’s the only way this world
Would ever know who You are
Love is the evidence
Love is the evidence

His love flowing in and through me is the only way I can start each day with the knowledge I can still be a vessel for Him even in my current situation. That love is flowing through my body in such a way there is no way it can't ooze out. Woo hoo! I get the Holy Spirit goosebumps just thinking about it! I have purpose in my life. That purpose didn't stop when my legs stopped functioning. Woo hoo! 

This morning I am praying for so many who are going through difficult times. I pray they will find hope in Him as they go through these battles on this earth. I pray they will know these trials are only temporary and someday will be over when we live for Him on this earth which will take us to eternal life with Him in heaven. Praying for...

  • the family with Momma in the hospital
  • the family with Momma in Hospice
  • the family with another family member given a bad diagnosis
  • the families who continue to mourn the loss of their loved one
  • the one who started on a new medication
  • the one suffering with severe fibro pain
  • the two with issues with their employers
  • the one who is turning to alcohol
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for encouraging me to "keep on keepin' on" and to not allow the enemy to steal my joy. Father, You are my Joy so there is no way the enemy can steal You from me. Lord, today is a new day. Use me in whatever way You so desire. I pray for opportunities to share Your love with others. Lord, thank You for the book I started yesterday called "All In" and for the way You are speaking to me through it. I can hardly wait to get started reading this morning. Father, fill me with more of You and less of me...ooze out of me...let people see You when they see me. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy! Amen.


No comments: