Saturday, May 30, 2015

John 10:3 - "He Knows My Name"



It is no wonder the Lord woke me up singing "He Knows My Name" this morning. There are so many people who are hurting so greatly for their loved ones. They need the reminder that...

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call


The Lord is there for us, no matter what trials we go through on this earth. He hears us when we call upon Him for strength. He knows what we need before we even know ourselves. He heard the words out of my mouth this week, "I hate cancer." He knows how I hurt for those who are hurting. He gave me a heart of compassion for people that goes so deep. He gave me a purpose on this earth to be Him to others, especially the hurting. My whelm of influence for Him is greater than I ever imagined possible, especially when at this time I can't get in the car and go see people. I praise Him for that but oh how I wish I didn't have so many people that were hurting so greatly.
This morning I am praying for the ones...
  • waiting on test results that appear to be cancer
  • struggling with decisions with the health of a loved one
  • watching their mother in her last days
  • with turmoil in their family while dealing with the health of a loved one
  • who are far away physically yet their heart is here with their loved one
  • with severe health issues

Jesus said of a good shepherd, "The sheep hear his voice; and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out." Then he told the disciples, "I am the Good Shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine," (John 10:3).
He knows my name...woo hoo! I am His and He is mine...woo hoo! When I am in need of His strength, I have it...woo hoo! I pray those going through tough times will know this too.
Dear Jesus,
These are the cries of my heart. Touch each person in a mighty way. Meet their spiritual needs most of all but Father, touch all of their being. Lord, use me to be a vessel of life to these ones who are watching their loved one in what appears to be their last days. Thank You for being Jesus to me when I was going through my Daddy's death. Be so real to these ones who need Your strength. More of You and less of me, Lord. Fill me to overflowing. Thank You Jesus for being My Father. Amen.


No comments: