Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Psalm 118:24; Zechariah 9:9-17 - "Whom Shall I Fear"

All I wanted was to sleep in. I didn't think that was asking too much. But when the blind went up and the sunshine started pouring in I immediately got crabby. The last two days were tough ones physically and emotionally. Today was to be my day of rest. I started grumbling. I didn't even pray to get the day started. Then the Lord spoke through a friend...

Shelia, thinking of you this morning. Mercies are new each morning. You can't be everything to everyone. God only wants you to be you. You are blessing so many people and your mom is fine and she loves your ministry. Girl your heart hurts for so many, you surely have a heart of God. Have peace today in your heart and body. Love you. 

The words that stuck out to me were, "Girl your heart hurts for so many, you surely have a heart of God." Well, I sure wasn't having a heart of God when I was grumbling about Doc waking me up. Thank the Lord for these words to snap me back to reality! I also thank Him for not allowing the enemy a foothold into my day. This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it! (Psalm 118:24) 

The Lord immediately took me Zechariah 9:9-17...
“Shout and cheer, Daughter Zion!
    Raise the roof, Daughter Jerusalem!
Your king is coming!
    a good king who makes all things right,
    a humble king riding a donkey,
    a mere colt of a donkey.
I’ve had it with war—no more chariots in Ephraim,
    no more war horses in Jerusalem,
    no more swords and spears, bows and arrows.
He will offer peace to the nations,
    a peaceful rule worldwide,
    from the four winds to the seven seas.
11-13 “And you, because of my blood covenant with you,
    I’ll release your prisoners from their hopeless cells.
Come home, hope-filled prisoners!
    This very day I’m declaring a double bonus—
    everything you lost returned twice-over!
Judah is now my weapon, the bow I’ll pull,
    setting Ephraim as an arrow to the string.
I’ll wake up your sons, O Zion,
    to counter your sons, O Greece.
From now on
    people are my swords.”
14-17 Then God will come into view,
    his arrows flashing like lightning!
Master God will blast his trumpet
    and set out in a whirlwind.
God-of-the-Angel-Armies will protect them—
    all-out war,
The war to end all wars,
    no holds barred.
Their God will save the day. He’ll rescue them.
    They’ll become like sheep, gentle and soft,
Or like gemstones in a crown,
    catching all the colors of the sun.
Then how they’ll shine! shimmer! glow!
    the young men robust, the young women lovely!
These words are prophecy that represent the coming of Christ. As I read it the Lord gave me words of hope. He reminded me of something I read earlier in regards to the end times. It was talking about how satan doesn't want Christ to come back because he knows he will be sent to the lake of fire (Rev. 20:10) so he continues to fight for people to get away from the Lord. As a believer, it is easy to say, "Jesus, please come." But when I think about it there are still so many who are not ready for His return. They are in the bondage of sin. Matthew Henry writes:

"A sinful state is a state of bondage; it is a pit, or dungeon, in which there is no water, no comfort; and we are all by nature prisoners in this pit. Through the precious blood of Christ, many prisoners of Satan have been set at liberty from the horrible pit in which they must otherwise have perished, without hope or comfort. While we admire Him, let us seek that his holiness and truth may be shown in our own spirits and conduct. These promises have accomplishment in the spiritual blessings of the gospel which we enjoy by Jesus Christ." 

Woo hoo!  I am so grateful for the spiritual blessings the Lord gives me. I am grateful for the way He strengthens me in order for me to do the desires of His heart. Yesterday was a prime example of that. His strength was my strength as I ministered to many. His words were my words as I prayed and encouraged many. He was my God-of-the-Angel Armies yesterday and for that I am so thankful! He protected me. He loved on me. He strengthened me. He delivered me.

In this passage of scripture, Matthew Henry describes the apostles and those who proclaimed Christ in the early ages...

"God was evidently with them; his words from their lips pierced the hearts and consciences of the hearers. They were wondrously defended in persecution, and were filled with the influences of the Holy Spirit. They were saved by the Good Shepherd as his flock, and honoured as jewels of his crown. The gifts, graces, and consolations of the Spirit, poured forth on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2 and in succeeding times, are represented. Sharp have been, and still will be, the conflicts of Zion's sons, but their God will give them success. The more we are employed, and satisfied with his goodness, the more we shall admire the beauty revealed in the Redeemer. Whatever gifts God bestows on us, we must serve him cheerfully with them; and, when refreshed with blessings, we must say, How great is his goodness!"

These words encourage me to keep on listening and following the Lord's direction. They encourage me to be "refreshed with blessings" as I serve Him. In order to be able to listen and hear from Him I must not allow the enemy any foothold. I must stop when he tries to get in such as this morning with my bad attitude. Once again I say, This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it! (Psalm 118:24) As I told my friend this morning, today will be spent getting refreshed and renewed. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the words of my friend this morning to wake me up. Now that's funny to say since I was being crabby about being woke up! Thank You for my husband who went to pray with one this morning. Thank You for this day which You have given me to be refreshed and renewed. Lord, it would be so easy to say, "Please come!" But I know there are so many in bondage that need You. As we study the book of Revelation, the desire for more people to come to You becomes even greater. Lord, open eyes and hearts to You. Father, I pray for my influence to be great on people. I pray for more of You and less of me so that people will see You in me. Lord, the words to "Whom Shall I Fear" comes to my lips this morning. 
I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

Thank You Lord for being My God of Angel Armies! Amen.






No comments: