Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Numbers 9:23 - "Your Presence Is Heaven"

I woke up this morning singing "Your Presence Is Heaven" and was so overwhelmed with His Presence. The Lord showers me with His love every day. His mercies and grace come down upon me in abundance. I wish more people would realize just how special it is to have a relationship where you live in His presence. I love the part of this song that goes...

Treasure of my heart and of my soul 
In my weakness You are merciful 
Redeemer of my past and present wrong 
Holder of my future days to come 


He is definitely the One I treasure and my Redeemer. I am so grateful He is the One to guide my future. When I think back of all the years I missed out on this type of relationship, it makes me sad. But I can't look back but instead need to look forward. The 'what if's' of life can allow the enemy a foothold that I refuse to give. Instead I will bask in His presence and seek more of Him.

All my days on earth I will await 
The moment that I see You face to face 
Nothing in this world can satisfy 
Cause Jesus You're the cup that won't run dry 

Nothing in this world can satisfy 
Jesus You're the cup that won't run dry 
Jesus You're the cup that won't run dry 

Oh Jesus oh Jesus
Your presence is heaven to me

Living in the Lord's Presence has a lot of benefits. There are times where He blows me away with things He does or says to me. I have been reading and studying about how the Lord made His Presence known to the Israelites in my studies this week. Just to think about how He provided a cloud by day and fire by night to direct them across the desert is amazing. We need to be living in such a way that we know the direction He desires of us.


Numbers 9:23 reads, “At the Lord’s command they encamped, and at the Lord’s command they set out. They obeyed the Lord’s order, in accordance with his command through Moses.” As I read this verse I think about how it does not say anything about them going ahead of the Lord or lagging behind. It says they did as he commanded. They listened to the Spirit as He directed them. This tells me they were in relationship with Him. In order to hear Him, one must commune with Him. When we hear from Him, we will know the direction we are to go. The Israelites did not have to worry about where or when to go. Neither do we.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning of staying in Your Presence. Lord, direct my path today to where You desire me to be. I pray You will not only speak to me but that I will be enabled to hear Your Voice. Father, bless me mightily as I seek more of You and less of myself to further Your Kingdom. I thank You in advance for opportunities to be You to others. Thank You Jesus for being My Treasure. Amen.


No comments: