Monday, May 11, 2015

Matthew 10:8; Romans 12:2 - "Brother"

Yesterday was such an emotional day...not being able to see my Momma and then not being with my boys...and then the meltdown I had with the shakies at church...URGH! That is the only word I can think of. I'm thankful the shakies stopped so I could concentrate on the sermon but having to take three pills sure messed me up the rest of the day. Everything is just a blur and I am very grateful for the sermon notes I have. I love how the Lord continues to remind me of His call on my life to go deeper! Doc's words reminded me yesterday that I must press into God in order to receive what He has for me. 

I love the words of Matthew 10:8...Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. Woo hoo! Doc reminded us that we should never be satisfied where we are in our spiritual life. He also reminded us that the anointing is for everyone, not just pastors or a select few. He challenged us to live in the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit. 

After the service I was blessed with Sharon praying over me. I smelled her oils as she prayed and asked about them. She put her peppermint oil on me and it gave me such peace. It was as if the Lord was giving me an extra dose of His empowerment as she rubbed it on me. Later as I napped I kept waking up to the scent and would fall right back to sleep. It was so peaceful. Not only did the scent bless me but her words blessed me. She said "Doc told us to believe when we pray for healing and that is what I am doing. I believe." Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus! Then right before bedtime last night I received a message from her. When I asked her to pray for my day today her reply was, "You will be strong and well." She is believing. I am believing. God is blessing me with exactly what I need to get through this day. Right after I received her text I received one from Brandy saying she was praying for me "for healing and a good night's sleep." I am so blessed with knowing these two ladies heard Doc's sermon yesterday and are living it out.

A verse that stuck out to me in the sermon yesterday was Romans 12:2, Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Actually, it wasn't the verse that stuck out but the way Doc described it. He said we are called to be rebels. I have never thought of being a rebel in regards to my relationship with Christ but it makes sense. We need to rebel against the ways of the world and allow God to work in and through us.

His last point in the sermon was that "Testimonies Unlock God's Power In Us"...woo hoo! He challenged us to tell others when the Lord uses us or others in supernatural ways. So today I am testifying to the way He used Sharon and Brandy yesterday. I am testifying how He used my husband's sermon to challenge me and remind me of what He desires of me. I am testifying that I am healed from the shakies today and doing His will as I minister to others. I am testifying that He is my Supernatural Jesus! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me in some mighty big ways! Thank You for touching me not just in a physical sense but in an emotional sense. Lord, fill me to overflowing so You will ooze out of me in abundance. More of You and less of me...more Jesus, more. Father, I pray for a rebellious spirit to overtake me in the area of my spiritual life. I pray I will not be conformed to this world but instead will hear from You on what You want of me. Thank You for being My Supernatural Jesus! Amen.



No comments: