Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Philippians 4:13 - "I Am Not Alone"

I woke up singing Kari Jobe's "I Am Not Alone" this morning and immediately the Lord had me praying for one who is going through some tough days with her husband's health. It is ironic how this is a song I sang to them at the hospital a couple months ago.

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear

They have been through some pretty deep waters. They have stood in the fire. And now they are in the valley of the shadow. I pray his fear of death is gone. I pray they all can say, "I am not alone..." I pray they will know the Lord is there for them. I pray his wife will be able to say...

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see Your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You
Lord, You fight my every battle
And I will not fear

I also pray after her husband leaves this earth she will find strength to continue on. This week I sat with a man whose wife of sixty years was taken to surgery after given Last Rites. He was so fearful she wouldn't make it through surgery. I also prayed with another man whose wife has already been taken to heaven. Even though his children were with him he had a sadness about him because she was gone. No matter if a couple has been married two years, twenty years or sixty years there is still an emptiness when a spouse dies. 

I am so proud of my Momma for the way she is carrying on after my Daddy passed. They had been married over sixty-six years. With getting married when she was fifteen they had a lot of years together! Life is no longer what she knew all those years. Yet because of her deep faith she continues on. Yes, she is lonely. Yes, she misses him but she wouldn't wish him back to this earth for anything with the life he was living with the cancer.

There are many promises in God's Word. The one many hold onto is found in Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. That doesn't mean just a physical strength but also a mental, emotional and spiritual strength. This morning I am praying this promise over my dear friend who is dealing with her husband's impending death.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the words You have given me this morning. I pray You will comfort this wife and her family during these last hours. I also pray You will give Your strength to the wife who is burying her husband tomorrow and the husband who buried his wife Monday. Father, give strength to the family who are watching their loved one be taken with cancer. Bless her Lord with good days. Father, I know You can heal her instantly and I continue to prayer for that miracle. There is just so much death. Father, comfort those who need comforted. Bless them in a mighty way. Father, I pray for more of You and less of me in order to have Your words to bring comfort to so many. Thank You Jesus for being My Comforter. Amen.


No comments: