Friday, May 8, 2015

John 14:1-4 - "I Will Rise"

Another death...I told Doc on the way home being at the hospital two nights in a row with families who have lost loved ones is a bit much. I think the thing that makes it even harder on them is the suddenness. It seems when you go through the loss of a loved one who has suffered with a disease or illness it is expected so to speak. I believe the Lord gives you that time before hand to start your grieving process. It gives time to come to terms with the death before it actually happens. But when you aren't expecting the loved one to die it is so hard to comprehend. 

Yes, we have hope if our loved one was a believer. For that I am grateful. But even when we have that hope we also have human emotions that have to be handled. We may feel empty or numb. We will feel sadness. Sometimes we feel regret for things we did or didn't do. Sometimes we become very angry at God, a doctor who didn't do what we thought they should, someone who caused an accident that caused the death of the loved one and sometimes we even become angry at the loved one for dying. All of these emotions are normal and have to be dealt with.

After the death of a loved one we need to lean on our friends and family for their support. We have to realize we must go on from here without our loved one with us. That is hard but when we seek the Lord for His guidance it is doable. We must remember His words found in  John 14:1-4...

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” 

As we were pulling into the hospital last night I found it comforting for "I Will Rise" to come on the radio. This one who left this earth is no longer in pain. He is no longer dealing with the multiple issues his physical body was having. Instead he is in the arms of Jesus. He could have sang these words tonight as he went to be with Jesus...

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagle's wings
Before my God, fall on my knees
And rise, I will rise


Dear Jesus,
I praise You for this one being out of pain. I praise You for the weeks you gave this family from the time of the accident to the time of his death. Lord, touch them mightily as they go from here without him with them. Father, use people to love on them and to support them. Father, I pray as I minister to families in times like this that You will be seen in me. I pray for more of You and less of me in order to give them what You so desire. Father, thank You for the knowledge that this one made a change in his life after the accident. Thank You for the comfort this family has in that knowledge. I pray this will draw more people to know You. Thank You Jesus for being My Comforter. Amen.


No comments: