Friday, May 15, 2015

Ephesians 2:10 - "Overwhelmed"



I love the song by Big Daddy Weave called "Overwhelmed"...

I see the work of Your Hands
Galaxies spin in a Heavenly dance oh God
All that You are is so overwhelming
I hear the sound of Your Voice
All at once it's a gentle and thundering noise oh God
All that You are is so overwhelming
I delight myself in You
Captivated by Your beauty
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You

This picture takes me back to our time in Israel. What a blessing to be able to make that trip! There were so many times while there that I was overwhelmed by the Lord. The beauty of His creation in that part of the world is overwhelming. Being in places where I had only read about was overwhelming. Seeing the passion of the people for their religion was overwhelming. Walking where Jesus walked was overwhelming. Being re-baptized where Jesus was baptized was overwhelming.

God, I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You
I know the power of Your Cross
Forgiven and free forever You'll be my God
And all that You've done is so overwhelming

Being at Golgatha and being reminded of my Savior's suffering,death and resurrection was overwhelming. Seeing and touching the empty tomb was overwhelming.

I delight myself in You
In the Glory of Your Presence
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You
And God I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You
You are Beautiful, You are Beautiful
Oh God, there is no one more Beautiful
You are Beautiful, God you are the most Beautiful
You are Wonderful, You are Wonderful
Oh God, there is no one more Wonderful

I am so overwhelmed by the opportunities the Lord puts before me to be Him to others. His strength is my strength. His love is my love. His words are my words. Being in the "Glory of Your Presence" with the Lord is overwhelming. Many times when someone hears the word overwhelming they think it is a negative emotion. But in the case of being overwhelmed by the Lord it is definitely a positive emotion! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for overwhelming me! Thank You for giving me opportunities to be You to others! Thank You loving me! Father, I am standing on Ephesians 2:10. I know You created me to be Your servant. I know You created me to be a vessel of light in a dark world. Father, fill me with more of You so I can be more effective in my witness. Lessen me of me and give me more of You. Father, there are so many people going through some very dark things right now. It would be nice for each of them to be healed physically but more importantly I pray for a spiritual healing in their hearts. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Overwhelm Me. Amen.




No comments: