Thursday, May 7, 2015

Ephesians 2:6; 3:20 and Philippians 4:19 - Intercessory Prayer



I read a devotional this morning by Max Lucado that really touched my heart. He reminded me about some important points in my prayer life...

Jesus never turned people away when they asked for prayer...neither should I.
Jesus is the only One who can answer prayer...I am His vessel in the process.
Jesus can change His mind...I can't give up praying.
Jesus is my King...as an ambassador for Him I have His authority.

The part of this devotional that really spoke to me was when I read these words:

"If you, God’s ambassador in this world, come to your King with a request, will He listen? By all means. You actually have a “seat with [Christ] in the heavens” (Ephesians 2:6). You don’t have a seat at the Supreme Court or in the House of Representatives. You have one far more strategic; you have a seat in the government of God. Like a congressman you represent a district. You speak on behalf of your family, neighborhood, or softball team. Your sphere of influence is your region. As you grow in faith, your district expands. You are Moses in your cul-de-sac. Moses in your workforce. Moses in your classroom. You plead with God on other people’s behalf." (Max Lucado)

Once again the Prayer of Jabez comes before me in the confirmation that my territories will expand as my faith grows. Woo hoo! God “is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think” (Ephesians 3:20). He “will supply all [our] needs according to His riches” (Philippians 4:19).

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this confirmation once again. Thank You Father that You love me so much that You make sure I know what You desire for me. Lord, You are so awesome in the way You provide physical strength when mine is depleted; emotional strength when I feel like I can't handle a situation; spiritual strength to take me deeper; and mental strength when I get the foggy thinking from the MS. Lord, I pray for the family I was with last night. I pray You will wrap Your loving arms around them and enable them to feel Your presence. I also pray for the medical personnel and EMT's to have an abundance of Your strength today after the difficult day they had yesterday. Lord, bless them mightily. Father, more of You and less of me continues to be my prayer. Thank You Jesus for being My King! Amen.

No comments: