Monday, May 18, 2015

Matthew 6:10 - "I Am Not Alone"

I love how the Lord uses words of others to teach us, to give us comfort, to encourage us... He is so awesome! Yesterday was a great example of each of those things through a prayer a dear sister said over me. In it she said, "Lord, may the weight of this burden not take my sister's joy away from her." As she prayed those words my initial thought was "No, I still have my joy." But then I thought of the word 'weight' and was blessed. That is exactly how I can describe my legs right now. They are 'dead weight' so to speak. They don't want to function. 

In the past when this would happen I would be fearful but I have no fear. I am at peace. I know the Lord will be glorified through this time and I also know He is with me. Once again the words to Kari Jobe's song "I Am Not Alone" come to my mind. Actually, it has stayed in my mind and in my heart all weekend long. Once again the words are so powerful. After Lynn prayed with me and we were talking she said something about with the Lord taking me deeper this could be an attack from the enemy. I thought about that quite a bit since she said it. I asked myself if I let the enemy into my life in any way. I can't think of anything specific yet I know he is sneaky. 

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear


Wow! "...deep waters..." My 'deep waters' could be the deepness the Lord is taking me into. The purpose of this time of the MS attack may be to stretch my faith even greater. Woo hoo! I think back on the words the Lord gave me the night Dan Bohi was here. "Daughter, hold on for the ride. I am going to use you to be a vessel for physical diseases. People will see life in abundance through your faith in me." Oh my! Will this be my time of healing? He says to pray, "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10) There is no MS in heaven so therefore there should be no MS on earth. It is only because of the sin of man that we have any disease at all. Whether this will be my time of healing or not I know I need to not allow the enemy to steal my joy. I also know people need to '...see life in abundance through your faith in me' as the Lord said. I also know I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt...

The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You
Lord, You fight my every battle
And I will not fear

You amaze me
Redeem me
You call me as Your own

You're my strength
You're my defender
You're my refuge in the storm
Through these trials
You've always been faithful
You bring healing to my soul


Woo hoo! I am so excited to be on this journey with the Lord. I may sit here with tingling in my body from the MS but the Holy Spirit goosebumps are what I am feeling so greatly this morning. I am pressing into Him as He is the One fighting this battle. It is so exciting to be able to say, "You bring healing to my soul"!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You gave me words of comfort and encouragement yesterday through Lynn and then today as You reminded me with words from "I Am Not Alone"...woo hoo! Father, bless me in abundance as I bless You. Fill to overflowing with more of You and less of me. Lord, You know how this medicine messes me up and You know I have been asking for Your help with the side effects. Father, I know You use medicine to heal and for that I'm grateful. I also know You can heal miraculously because I have received that in the past. Your will...whatever Your will that is what I desire in my heart. Lord, give me Your attitude and words when people tell me what I'm doing wrong. Bless me with Your wisdom as I find the fine line with doing too much or too little which will allow the MS to take over more in my body. Father, most of all I pray against crabbiness in my spirit. I also ask for an anointing over Doc as he deals with this issue. Father, use me today to be a beacon of light for You. Thank You Jesus for being My Sustainer! Amen.



No comments: