Friday, May 22, 2015

Deuteronomy 31:8 - "Oceans"; "In Christ Alone"


Yesterday was a day of full of blessings. I was blessed with...
  • the mental, emotional and physical strength to be a part of a dear man's funeral
  • words of encouragement throughout the day from many friends
  • the opportunity to pray for two dear people who are going through some major storms in their life
  • great people who took care of the funeral dinner from start to finish
  • finding out it has been seven years since I had IV's
  • my IV working for the second day
  • dinner dropped off to us when we got home from the hospital
  • my after IV sickness not lasting as long as the first day
  • seven hours of sleep with the help of the Tylenol PM
That's how my God works. He supplies my needs. He loves on me. He takes care of me. He gives me exactly what I need because I am His and He is mine. The Lord has called me to walk this path of life with MS. Do I enjoy it? Absolutely not! Do I like going through times of not having my body function normally? Absolutely not! Do I get use to having times such as what I am going through? Absolutely not! Does it get any easier as time goes on to endure such times? Yes, in the sense that the Lord has taken me to a deeper place in my relationship with Him so I am not as emotional. I truly feel like "my trust is without borders" as the song "Oceans" goes. But then last night when I was sick I began to think I was not going to get through this. But then the Lord gave me assurance that He is with me and I would be fine. 

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior


Another way He encouraged me was through the words of "In Christ Alone" when He reminded me of the hope I have in Him. I have the hope of these IV's getting my body back to normal...LOL...well, my normal! But most importantly I have the hope of eternal life! Woo hoo! If my legs never function right again, the Lord will give me a new normal. Just because they don't function though it doesn't mean I am any less of being the servant He desires of me. It means I have to depend upon others to do things I would normally do. Sometimes that is hard for me but then the Lord reminds me that is what it is all about. He puts people before me for me to depend upon. They are blessed by me asking them for help. Yesterday when asked if I needed help getting down the ramp or getting into the truck and I replied, "Nope, I got it" I was told I was pretty independent. LOL Shame on me for stealing Shane's blessing from him in allowing him to help me! That must have been why I struggled getting the walker into the truck! 

In Christ alone my hope is found 
He is my light, my strength, my song 
This cornerstone, this solid ground 
Firm through the fiercest 
drought and storm 


I can sing these words and the Lord knows I live and breathe them every day of my life. Whether I am functioning normally or not I still strive to be His servant, doing His will. Yesterday after Mark asked me how I was doing and I replied, "Peachy keen" I meant it. I was doing what the Lord desired of me and that blessings me. His reply, "And she has that smile on her face!" blessed me in abundance. The joy in my heart was overflowing just knowing people could see Jesus in me. They see His strength through me and once again that is the desire of my heart.

In Christ alone I place my trust 
And find my glory in the power 
of the cross 
In every victory let it be said of me 
My source of strength 
My source of hope 
In Christ alone I place my trust 
And find my glory in the power 
of the cross 
In every victory let it be said of me 
My source of strength 
My source of hope 
In Christ alone 


I am not sure the purpose of this attack on my body. I don't know who it is to bless. It could be that I will learn something new or that someone else will be blessed through it. It doesn't matter to me the "why" but I sure can say it matters the "how"! "Jesus commands my destiny...No power of hell, no scheme of man...Can ever pluck me from His Hand..." Amen! It all goes back to the fact that I am His and He is mine. That is enough to get me through this time and come out with a deeper faith. That is enough to make me know He is with me every step of the way. That is enough that when my emotions break and I cry I know He is here supporting me.

I saw this picture yesterday and it made me think about this flair-up. I don't know that the enemy had anything to do with it. But I do know the enemy can and will use it to pull me down if I allow him any foothold. I am standing on the knowledge he doesn't have the power to do that with the Lord's power being mine. The words the Lord gave me a few weeks ago stay in my mind, "Deeper, Daughter, deeper." The enemy does not have a deep faith in the Lord. Therefore, he can't swim where I swim! I love that concept!



Dear Jesus,
Thank You Father for all the ways You encourage me. Fill me to overflowing so people will see You in me. Thank You Jesus for this picture that reminded me the enemy doesn't live where I live with You. Lord, bless my dear friends who are grieving. Speak to them and give them hope. I pray blessings upon my husband today...give Him an extra dose of Your peace and love. Father, I had some major prayer requests given to me yesterday that I bring before You. You know the circumstances...You know the hearts..oh Father give me Your words as I share with them. Lord, guide my steps today. I pray for opportunities to be You to others whether that is in person as I go for my IV or on the phone or computer. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope. Amen.

No comments: