Thursday, May 28, 2015

Psalm 43 - "Have Everything"

This morning the Lord woke me up to the song "Have Everything" but I could only remember the very last part.

Every day
I'm gonna wake up, Gonna wake up
Wake up and say
You can have me, have everything


I started thinking about what He wanted me to get from this song. I asked the Lord for scripture to read and He said, "Psalm 43." I went to Psalm 43 and was blown away once again with how the Lord speaks...
Vindicate me, my God, and plead my cause against an unfaithful nation.
Rescue me from those who are deceitful and wicked.
You are God my stronghold. Why have you rejected me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?
Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.
Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God.
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
In Psalm 43 David had sinned and was looking for the Lord for hope. The Lord reminded me that I need to continue to look to Him for hope. He reminded me that He is my Stronghold. As I read two, I thought about if I am rejecting God through this issue with my legs. I don't believe I am but I have to wonder if I am not doing something He desires of me. Matthew Henry writes, 

"Let us pray earnestly, that the Lord would send forth the truth of his word, and the light of his Spirit, to guide us into the way of holiness, peace, and salvation. The desire of the Christian, like that of the prophet in distress, is to be saved from sin as well as sorrow; to be taught in the way of righteousness by the light of heavenly wisdom, shining in Jesus Christ, and to be led by this light and truth to the New Jerusalem."

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these things to ponder this morning. Father, I am so thankful You are my Hope in the midst of this storm. I am grateful for the way You speak to me. Lord, I must admit that it gets pretty lonely not being able to be out and about. But Father would You please give me direction on how I can be You to others even when I can't leave my house? Fill me to overflowing with more of You so that I can do what You desire of me. Right now I feel like I don't much to give yet I need to remember that You are in control of this chaos. You know what is entailed in my "everything"...You know what I can and can't do...You know. Plain and simple. I don't understand it but You do. That is all that matters. So this morning I am singing...
Every day
I'm gonna wake up, Gonna wake up
Wake up and say
You can have me, have everything

Lord, thank You for being My Hope and My Stronghold. Amen.

No comments: