Monday, May 4, 2015

Proverbs 23:7; Jeremiah 29:11-14 - Blessing Hands Ceremony



What a blessed time I had this morning as I was a part of the Blessing of Hands for Nurses Week. It is through the hands of many that people receive healing at Mercy. As I mentioned to some of the ones I blessed, our hands are only a part of the process of healing. Our legs/feet take us where we need to go. The words that flow from our mouth give encouragement to many. The Lord uses every person who allows Him to do so.

I was reminded this morning of a scripture Dan Bohi shared with us last week. He said we need to believe our thoughts. He also encouraged us to have our mindset staying in the supernatural. As I was blessing hands this morning, I thought about the words I was saying. I truly believe the ones I blessed are a blessing in themselves to all they come in contact with. I also believe the Lord uses them to be a healing presence in many lives. As I was saying a blessing over them, I felt blessed myself. I felt a renewing in my spirit with the words I spoke. As Proverbs 23:7 reads, For as he thinks in his heart, so is he (NKJ).

What is on the inside of us will flow to the outside with our actions. What is on the inside will show through our attitudes. God desires for us to be aligned with Him. He desires for His thoughts to be our thoughts which in turn will make our actions be aligned with His actions. When we set our minds on Him, we will be blessed with living a life of abundance. It doesn't always mean life will be a bed of roses but it does mean everything we do He will bless and give us the strength to live through it. We receive the promise of His strength in Philippians 4:13. We also receive the promise of Him always being with us in Jeremiah 29:11-14...

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

It is exciting to me as I think on His promises. I was blessed when I prayed the Prayer of Jabez fourteen years ago He blessed us with the move to Willard. Then when I prayed the Prayer of Jabez two years ago He blessed me with being asked to be a part of the ministry team at Mercy. Recently when I prayed the Prayer of Jabez He revealed to me that He was expanding my territory in the area of taking me deeper in my faith. He also revealed to me that He would use me to be "a vessel of healing for physical diseases." The Lord continues to be the One I listen to, the One I seek more of, the One who loves me so greatly. When He said "Deeper, daughter, deeper" regarding my faith, I was overwhelmed yet excited.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for speaking to me. Thank You for this opportunity to be a part of the Blessing of Hands ceremonies. Thank You for using me as part of the healing process in many lives. Father, more of You and less of me is the only way this can be accomplished. You told me to have faith like Abraham and that is what I desire. Lord, use me in some mighty ways! Thank You for being the One to Bless Me! Amen.

No comments: