Saturday, May 23, 2015

II Chronicles 20:15 - "Healer"; "Save My Life"


Last night as I went to bed I was feeling a bit discouraged. It ended up with Doc and I snapping at one another which only made things worse. As I started crying out to the Lord and asking Him for peace He brought Kari Jobe's song "Healer" to my mind. As I sang the words, I received peace and was able to fall asleep. 

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease
I trust in You, I trust in You
I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe
And I believe You're my portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

I do believe all of these words. I also believe no matter what lies ahead He will be my strength to get me through. I just need reminded of the part of the song that goes...

Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands

He is the One who will be my strength....He is the One who is my strength...He is the One who will knock the enemy down when he comes trying to get me down...He is the One who will be glorified through this situation. I am standing on these promises from Him. I refuse to allow the enemy a foothold. The enemy will not take me into depression. The enemy will not be allowed to have a part of this situation. The Lord reminded me this morning that this is not my battle. He also reminded me that instead of seeing this MS flair-up as a battle I need to look at it as an opportunity for Him to be glorified through it. 

This morning when I woke up the words to Sidewalk Prophet's song "Save My Life" were in my mind. I couldn't remember all of them so looked them up and was perplexed as to why He brought it to me. I kept singing it and finally it hit me in the ending of the song. I don't need nor desire people to pity me for my situation. But I do need words of encouragement. I know that God is my Hope. I know I am not alone. But sometimes I just need reminded of that.

But I’ve got doubts and questions too
Behind this smile I’m really just like you
Afraid and tired and insecure

I don't know that I would say I am "afraid" in these days because the Lord has given me His peace. But I can say I am "tired" of going through the junk of my disease and Doc's health issues. If God is putting us through this stuff, to Him be the glory. If the enemy is causing it, shame on him. He will not win. The Lord is greater than him in every sense of the way. I praise the Lord for the trip to Israel we had but as I was thinking about it these last few days I started wondering if there were a deeper purpose in it than thought. I definitely know the Lord gave me a spiritual deepening through my experiences there. He cleansed my spirit by the place of Peter's reinstatement by the Sea of Galilee. He cleansed my soul by being re-baptized in the Jordan River by Doc. I was hoping and praying He would cleanse my body of anything that didn't belong in it while I was walking where He walked but that wasn't in His will. Last night as I prayed, I asked for Him to cleanse both my body and Doc's body of the diseases in it. I prayed for His will and asked Him to bless us either with a miraculous healing or through doctors and medicine. He reminded me His healing comes in His time.

If you look me right in the eye
Would you see the real me inside
Would you take the time to
Save my life
I am just like everyone
Jesus I need You, I need Your Love
To save my life

Another thing the Lord reminded me this morning is that it's ok to be independent but it's also ok to depend upon others. When we do so, they will be blessed through their obedience to Him. That is not one of the easiest things for me to do but if I truly want to be obedient to Him I must get better at allowing others to do for me when situations arise. I have a servant heart. In order for people to have the opportunity to share their servant heart I must allow them to do for me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the reminders You gave me these last few hours. Thank You for the songs You brought to my mind. Lord, what a blessing You are to me. I praise You for the way You answered prayer for Alyssa yesterday with no broken bone. I praise You for the testimony given by the doctor and her family through the situation. Lord, today is a new day. It is Your day. Fill me to overflowing so people will see You in me. I pray for Your Words to be my words. I pray for Your Attitude to be my attitude. I pray for the Holy Spirit to flow from me in all I do. Father, I pray for the one who I will be meeting with today to receive Your direction from me. Give me Your wisdom in what they need to hear. Thank You Jesus for being My Healer. Amen.


No comments: