Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Various Scriptures - "Beautiful Day"

Oh my goodness, the conversations I have with the Lord in the middle of the night… It's funny that I conversed with Doc but don't remember that conversation yet the conversation with the Lord is so plain.

ME: Lord, please let me go back to sleep….I am so tired.

THE LORD: Daughter, yes you may go back to sleep but first I need you to pray for three little boys and second you must promise not to be crabby tomorrow.

ME: Crabby?

THE LORD: Yes. You have been allowing issues with your physical body to take away your joy. Trust me. I am with You through these times. Did you not just share that with your class yesterday?

ME: Yes, Lord. I'm sorry.

THE LORD: Pray.

ME: Yes, Lord.

I started praying for these three little guys. Two with health issues and one with an unstable home life with possible abuse. I asked the Lord to protect them from all harm and to restore health into the two little bodies. I prayed for Him to love on them and their families in such a way they would have no doubt He was there with them.

Immediately after finishing praying Jamie Grace's song "Beautiful Day" came into my mind. I fell asleep and when I woke up the song was still with me. Once again I asked the Lord to forgive me for allowing my physical issues to make me crabby. (His words, not mine!) I need to keep these words in my heart today...

I've got no need to worry, I've got no room for doubt
No matter what's coming at me
You'll always be the beautiful I sing about
There ain't no limitations to Your amazing grace
Your amazing grace

And there's something 'bout the way
Your love shines on my face
Oh no I could never get enough of You
This feeling can't be wrong
I'm about to get my worship on
I'm gonna sing a brand new song

Boy is it hard to not be crabby when you sleep later than you feel like you should…you don't get to have your devotional time with the Lord first thing like you are use to…the weather is not the greatest…BUT as I sat down with the Lord He told me His time, not mine is what I need to keep in mind. Ouch…first I'm told I'm crabby and now I'm told I want things my own way!  Geesh….

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders throughout the night and then again this morning. Father, I do continue to pray for these three little guys you have given me to pray for. Touch them and their families in a special way today.  Let them know someone is lifting them up in prayer. Lord, today is a new day. I need Your strength in a mighty way. I want to go through the whole day saying and practicing "I'm about to get my worship on"….WOO HOO!!!!  I am praying several scriptures over myself today. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy!  Amen!

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
~ Philippians 4 : 4 NIV
16) Be joyful always; 17) pray continually; 18) give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
~ 1 Thessalonians 5 : 16 – 18 NIV
16) May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good home, 17) encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
~ 2 Thessalonians 2 : 16 – 17 NIV
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
~ 2 Thessalonians 3 : 3 NIV
... for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
Nehemiah 8 : 10b NIV
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
~ Psalm 5 : 11 NIV
You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16 : 11 NIV
29) He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30) Even youth grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31) but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
~ Isaiah 40 : 29 – 31 NIV
And now the LORD says he who formed me in the womb to be his servant to bring Jacob back to him and gather Israel to himself, for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD and my God has been my strength
~ Isaiah 49 : 5 NIV


No comments: