Thursday, February 12, 2015

John 13:7 - "I Am Not Alone"


I was stressing out about some things and the Lord took me to this picture. He definitely is in control of every aspect of my life. He is the One who gave me the opportunities put before me at the hospital and with school. He is also in charge of my days. Therefore, there is no need to stress over schedules, appointments, etc. He is in control. He goes before me and makes the path straight. 

I love the words to this verse. The verses that go with it are about the time Jesus washed the disciples feet before the Passover celebration. Peter didn't want to allow Jesus to wash his feet. When Jesus explained to him the purpose, he still didn't understand. Peter's story is one we can learn from. I like the reminder from Matthew Henry. "This should make us the more cautious. From yesterday's pardon, we should be strengthened against this day's temptation."  These words remind me to not allow the enemy any foothold with doubt or fear. I don't have to understand why things happen as they do or how I will get through them. All I have to know is that the Lord is with me.

Kari Jobe's song "I Am Not Alone" comes to my mind…

(Verse 1)
When I walk through deep waters
I know that you will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
Oh I will not fear
(Chorus 2x)
I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me
(Verse 2)
In the midst of deep sorrow
I see your light is breaking through
The dark night will not over take me
I am pressing into you
Lord you fight my every battle
And I will not fear
(Bridge 4x)
You amaze me
Redeem me
You call me as your own
You're my strength
You're my defender
You're my refuge in the storm
Through these trials
You have always been faithful
You bring healing to my soul

Dear Jesus,
Thank You, thank You, thank You for these reminders today. Thank You for loving me enough to encourage me even when I seem to forget that "I Am Not Alone"…You are always with me. Not only that but You are the One in control of my life. You are the One who has given me these opportunities to walk through doors You desired me to walk through. Thank You Jesus! I am so grateful that You are My Always!  Amen.



No comments: