Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Jeremiah 33:3; Ephesians 2:10 - "We Are Hungry"



I woke up singing "We Are Hungry" this morning and immediately my thoughts went to something I watched last night of a dear young lady being prayed over. I thought about how many people have been praying for her through her journey of brain cancer. Praying for people is something all believers are called to do. As we lift our prayers to the Lord He will bless them. But we must be willing to be an intercessor. Sometimes that means being woke up in the middle of the night or stopped in the middle of what we are doing to pray. I have seen miracles happen in bodies and relationships through prayers of intercessors. Miracles are part of God's plan. 

This picture says that it will be through intercessory prayer that we will see a prophetic movement. Some people get scared and run from that word, prophetic. They think it is things that couldn't possibly be from God but rather made up by man. Just as in anything in this world there are fakes but when we have faith and hear from the Lord there is nothing fake about it. I love something I was reading…it went something like those who have eyes and ears of the Lord are the ones He shares the secrets of His heart. Jeremiah 33:3 reads, Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. 

The Lord blesses me with using me as an intercessor. There are times when He gives me things to prayer for that there is no way I would ever be able to have knowledge of it other than through the Lord. That blesses me and encourages me to continue doing as He asks of me. I am called to be an intercessor and there is no better thing I would rather be doing.  Ephesians 2:10 reads, For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. He gives me exactly what I need as I serve Him. Strength when He has me go without sleep, peace when I don't know the outcome of my prayers, etc. 

The words of "We Are Hungry" are so meaningful…so many more people need to have this type of hunger for the Lord…what a world we would live in if all believers wanted more of Him...

Lord, I want more of You
Living Water, rain down on me
Lord, I need more of You
Living Breath of life, come and fill me up

We are hungry
We are hungry
We are hungry for more of You
We are thirsty, Oh Jesus
We are thirsty for more of You

We lift our holy hands up
We want to touch You
We lift our voices higher
And higher and higher to You

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me these words of encouragement this morning. Thank You for this song. Thank You for using me as an intercessor. Lord, I pray for more people to hear Your voice. I pray for people to not be afraid of things of You but rather to embrace them. Father, bless Sarah through the prayers going up for her. Continue to uplift her and Jordan. Lord, You are so awesome in the way you work through "bad" situations and are glorified through them. Thank You Jesus for being My Living Breath of Life. Amen.


No comments: