Monday, February 2, 2015

Psalm 108; Psalm 139:1 - "Lord, I'm Ready Now"

This morning I am praying for those who raised their hands yesterday when Doc asked if there was anyone who needed to hear the Lord's voice so they would know what they were to be doing.  There are several things I am praying for in their situations…

  • any blatant sin in their life to be revealed
  • anyone in their life that has put a block between them and the Lord to be gone
  • honesty to themselves to become their way of living
  • revelation of God's desire for them to be made very clear to them
  • peace to overcome them as they surrender to Him
So many times people will say, "I just can't hear the Lord" only for it to be that they have put a roadblock up against hearing Him.  One has to get to the point of wanting to hear from Him before they will hear from Him.  The Lord's desire is for us to not only hear Him but to follow His direction.  We, as human beings, can get caught up in wanting to be in control of everything that we forget He is truly the One in charge.  

The words to Plumb's song "Lord, I'm Ready Now" are perfect for when we finally get to the point of surrender.

Oh Lord I'm ready now
All the walls are down
Time is running out
And I wanna make this count
I ran away from you
And did what I wanted to
But I don't wanna let you down
Oh Lord I'm ready now
Lord I'm ready now


As I told the teens in Sunday school yesterday, we can't hide things from God.  We may think we can but He knows all.  The greatest thing is He is there to take us into His arms and love on us when we are finally ready to be in relationship with Him.  Woo hoo!

I've nothing left to hide
No reason's left to lie
Give me another chance

David cried out to the Lord in Psalm 108 and immediately heard from the Lord…

1-2 I’m ready, God, so ready,
    ready from head to toe.
Ready to sing,
    ready to raise a God-song:
“Wake, soul! Wake, lute!
    Wake up, you sleepyhead sun!”
3-6 I’m thanking you, God, out in the streets,
    singing your praises in town and country.
The deeper your love, the higher it goes;
    every cloud’s a flag to your faithfulness.
Soar high in the skies, O God!
    Cover the whole earth with your glory!
And for the sake of the one you love so much,
    reach down and help me—answer me!
7-9 That’s when God spoke in holy splendor:
    “Brimming over with joy,
I make a present of Shechem,
    I hand out Succoth Valley as a gift.
Gilead’s in my pocket,
    to say nothing of Manasseh.
Ephraim’s my hard hat,
    Judah my hammer.
Moab’s a scrub bucket—
    I mop the floor with Moab,
Spit on Edom,
    rain fireworks all over Philistia.”
10-11 Who will take me to the thick of the fight?
    Who’ll show me the road to Edom?
You aren’t giving up on us, are you, God?
    refusing to go out with our troops?
12-13 Give us help for the hard task;
    human help is worthless.
In God we’ll do our very best;
    he’ll flatten the opposition for good.

When we cry out to Him….when we are ready to hear from Him….when we allow distractions of this world to no longer play a part in our relationship with Him…that is when we will hear from Him.  It is through our obedience to His voice that we will know we are living out His will for our lives.  

When I saw this video of Plumb's song, I thought about what Doc said yesterday about how the Lord knows our story.  Psalm 139:1 reads, Your eyes saw my unformed body.  All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them cam to be.  Woo hoo!  There are no surprises for the Lord.  Yes, He gives us free choice and yes, the desire of His heart is for us to follow Him.  I am so grateful for the way He accepted me back into relationship with Him when I walked away.  One of the greatest days of my life was when I could sing these words…

I ran away from you
And did what I wanted to
But I don't wanna let you down
Oh Lord I'm ready now...

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace that allows me to be Your servant.  Thank You for getting me to the point of hearing Your voice.  Thank You for encouraging me to be obedient to You.  Thank You for giving me more of You and less of me in order to do the desires of Your heart.  Father, I pray for those who raised their hands yesterday to get to this point. Put someone before them who will say or do something to make a difference in their lives.  Lord, thank You for being with me today as I deal with this "junk" again.  I pray for clarity in not only my thoughts but also in my words as I articulate my questions to people.  Thank You, Lord, for being My Victory!  Amen.


No comments: