Tuesday, February 17, 2015

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:6-7 - "Broken Together"


I like this picture. I am praying for some people going through some dark times. Some with physical issues of their own, some with physical issues of loved ones, some with issues in relationships…no matter what the situation is I pray they will lean on the Lord for His strength to get them through. I think if I were to reword this saying I would say, "Face Everything And Run" because we do need to run into the arms of the Lord. We need to allow Him to heal us…no matter if the healing is in a physical sense, mental sense, emotional sense or spiritual sense. I was talking to one who said they quit talking to the Lord because He didn't answer their prayers in the way they wanted. I reminded them that He heard them but His will is not always our will. I'm not sure they wanted to hear that but hopefully they will ponder on those words. 

One of the situations I am praying for is for a couple in crisis. I pray they will not only seek Him but listen to Him. Once again I was told the Lord wasn't hearing their prayers. That breaks my heart to think people think He doesn't hear their prayers. His will is how He answers. Sometimes His will is not our will but praise His Holy Name He knows the best thing for us!

I think of a couple scriptures that I am praying for these ones…

II Timothy 1:7…God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but He gives us a spirit of power, love and self-control!

Philippians 4:6-7…Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.

When we pray and accept His will, He gives peace. So many people wonder why their prayers don't get answered. It isn't that they don't get answered but rather it's that they won't accept the answer He gives.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me and giving me Your words as I talk with people. Thank You for the opportunities You put before me to be You to others. Lord, fill me with more of You and less of me so that I can be more effective for You. Father, I pray specifically for the ministry couple in crisis. I pray for them both to not only hear from You but to follow Your direction. I also pray for another couple in crisis. I pray for them to seek You, Lord. Thank You for my husband and the relationship we have. Lord, may more couples get to the point of being "Broken Together" so they may not only stay together but their relationship will flourish through Your healing. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace. Amen.


No comments: