Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Psalm 139:7-12 - "Jesus He Loves Me"




I woke up this morning singing Chris Tomlin's song "Jesus He Loves Me" and felt so blessed with the reminder that He loves me. Not only does He love me but He loves me enough to die for me. He loves me enough to guide my steps each and every day. That's exciting! I watched a video with Tomlin talking about this song. He brought up these words from the song...

I couldn't run, couldn't run from His presence
I couldn't run, couldn't run from His arms


The most exciting part about being in relationship with the Lord is that not only does He love me but most importantly He is with me 24/7. Psalm 139:7-12 reads...

Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.


I like the words of Matthew Henry about this passage…

We cannot see God, but he can see us. The psalmist did not desire to go from the Lord. Whither can I go? In the most distant corners of the world, in heaven, or in hell, I cannot go out of thy reach. No veil can hide us from God; not the thickest darkness. No disguise can save any person or action from being seen in the true light by him. Secret haunts of sin are as open before God as the most open villanies. On the other hand, the believer cannot be removed from the supporting, comforting presence of his Almighty Friend. 

I love that. "…the supporting, comforting presence of his Almighty Friend."  Woo hoo! No matter what we are going through His presence is a comfort to us. I use to think I was in His presence because I tried to do everything I was "suppose to do" and live the life I thought was "good." But when I realized "good" was good enough I began living a true life in His Presence. When I began to experience living not only within His reach but in His reach, life changed drastically. I think the most important change for me came in the area of hearing His voice. It is through hearing His voice that I find direction. It is through following that direction that I find peace.

Dear Jesus,
I pray for more of You and less of me in order to do Your will. I am so grateful for the way You love me!  Lord, today I continue to pray for little Lucas…for a healing in his body…for strength for his family. Lord, put someone before them that will be You to them. Father, I also pray for my friend who has found a lump in her breast. I pray for You to be so very real to her during this time of waiting on going for her mammogram. I ask that You give doctors wisdom but most importantly Lord, I pray for this to be nothing…no cancer. I praise You for her faith in You. May Your peace come down upon her. Bless her with the knowledge that You are there with her, no matter what the outcome. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Love Me. Amen.

No comments: