Saturday, February 14, 2015

II John 1:4-11 - "Broken Together"

I had a very emotional time this morning with thinking about my friend who woke up to his first morning with his wife not by his side. I know he is blessed for the mercy the Lord showed her with not suffering any longer than she did but I am sure it is hard none the less. And then I thought about others who have lost their spouse since last Valentine's Day and my heart ached. Then the tears really started when I started thinking about my Momma who had my Daddy with her for 66 Valentine's Days before he passed. 

The song "Broken Forever" came on and Doc took my hand which caused the tears to flow again. I look back on times where life was definitely not as good as it is now and am blessed with where we are today. We persevered through some nasty times. The key was allowing the Lord to show us how to love one another. I am so grateful for the way He accepted us back into relationship with Him and built our marriage upon Him. I am also grateful for the call He placed on both of our lives to be His servants. If we wouldn't have allowed Him to be King of Kings of our life together, I am not sure where we would be today.

Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete
Could we just be broken together
If you can bring your shattered dreams and I'll bring mine
Could healing still be spoken and save us
The only way we'll last forever is broken together


Tears are flowing for those who allowed the enemy to get into their marriage and end it…I am so saddened by all the lives torn apart. I also think about my single friends who struggle with such holidays as Valentine's Day. Some are still looking for the perfect mate. Some are dealing with hurt from who they thought was their perfect mate. Lord, why does life have to be so hard? Why do people have to hurt? I have so many different things going through my mind right now but the tears are so overwhelming for so many people. If we would just read and do as the Lord's word says in II John 1:4-11…
It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.
Love one another…plain and simple. In a marriage that may mean forgiveness for some pretty tough things. It might also mean getting counseling for issues. When we love one another in the way the Lord wants of us, we will be blessed. It is not always easy by any means but the Lord gives us hope when we listen to Him. He gives us encouragement when we allow Him to use our brokenness for His glory.

Dear Jesus,
I feel so bad for those who are hurting today. I know it's not a Biblical holiday but my oh my the emphasis put on this day is huge. I wish people put as much emphasis on You as they do on Valentine's Day! Father, thank You for loving me and Doc. Thank You for blessing us in so many ways. Lord, continue to increase Yourself in us and decrease us so that we can be more of what You desire of us. Father, I praise Your Holy Name for my husband. I have been told by a few different people that "You just don't know how good you have it!" To that I respond, "You are right! I am blessed!" Lord, enable those hurting to turn toward You for healing. Open ears that need opened to Your voice. Thank You Jesus for being My Love. Amen.




No comments: