Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Help Me Find It"

Proverbs 3:5-6


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

I could not go to sleep last night, tossed and turned, asked the Lord who I was pray for but still no sleep.  I was getting so frustrated.  I took Tylenol PM at 10PM and still at 12:30 I was wide awake.  I have had other nights like this but the Lord always has me praying for someone when I do.  This morning when the clock went off I just couldn't get up.  I decided I would move some things around in my morning routine and sleep longer.  But then the Lord surprised me with an urgency to pray for some couples in crisis so I began praying. The song "Help Me Find It" came to my heart and the Lord told me to pray specifically for these couples to find the road He has for them.  Some have never walked with Him while others have got off on the wrong path.  He also had me pray for some who are going through "junk" that has drawn them closer together.  I prayed for...

  • the couple going through turmoil with a teenage child
  • the couple going through a medical crisis with a young child
  • the couple going through one thing after another in their home, with their health, etc.
  • the couple going through a crisis in their home to continue to drawn closer to Him and each other
  • the wife who continues to pray for her unsaved husband
  • the two husbands who need restoration after divorce
  • the couple who have been engaged for many years yet continue to live together without plans to get married
  • the couple who live separate lives yet play the game of looking as if nothing is wrong in their marriage
  • the wife who watches her elderly husband dealing with Alzheimer's 
  • the couple who are seeking the Lord's will yet not hearing from Him
  • the wife who deals with a husband with a bad anger problem
  • the two couples who deal daily with the wife's emotional problems
  • the wife who continues to work through the infidelity issues of her husband
  • the wife who is frustrated with her husband's health, doctors, etc.
  • the wife who is a believer yet doing things her unbelieving husband sees and questions why even have a relationship with God
  • the couple who are separated
The Lord had me to pray for each one of them to get to the point of saying...


If there's a road I should walk
Help me find it
If I need to be still
Give me peace for the moment
Whatever Your will
Whatever Your will
Can you help me find it
Can you help me find it

Dear Jesus,
Lord, bless my prayers…bless my obedience in listening and doing as You ask of me.  Father, thank You for loving me.  Thank You for bringing me to where I am in my relationship with You.  Lord, I praise Your Holy Name for all You are to me.  Father, more of You and less of me is the only way I can continue down this path You have set me on.  Today is a day with things on the calendar but as You have already showed me, You are in control of each and every aspect of this day.  I pray for this nerve test today to show answers for this pain and numbness.  I would like to pray for no pain with it but I know it is painful so I just ask for Your strength to get through it.  Thank You Jesus for being My Road.  Amen.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sheila,

I just stumbled upon your blog and this post tonight when looking for a verse that goes with the song you mentioned. I believe God has been speaking to me through that song this last week and I wanted to dive deeper using his word. I will still get to that in a moment, but what I loved about this post is your calling to pray for those in your life. Recently I have started a prayer journal that helps me focus my prayers and really make sure I am bringing everything to God before I act upon my day. Praying for others is something that has stuck out as very important, but it is not something I have done consistently for very long. Yet after such a short time, I see results!

Our God is so good. Thanks for your encouragement tonight!

My Strength said...

Praying you continue to seek more of Him through your prayer life. You will be blessed!
Blessings...