Friday, February 6, 2015

Hebrews 12:1-3; James 1:2-3 - "Fix My Eyes"


I love this picture. Sometimes we forget that He not only is in control but He also knows the outcome of our life. It is so important to live for Him every day in order to live with Him for eternity. There are times when He takes us down a different path than we expect or even want. But we must trust Him through the process. Not only must be trust Him but we must listen to Him for His direction as we make decisions. There will be people in life who disagree with what we do or the decisions we make. They aren't the ones we need to please or listen to. He is. When we make what appears to be hard decisions, we can have peace when He is the One who directs us.

I remember how excited we were when we first came to Willard. Even though there were some obstacles to the move I had peace because I knew this is where the Lord wanted us to be. As I look back on that time, I wish I would have listened a bit more in some specific areas but the Lord gave me free choice. Thankfully, He guided me through even the times that I didn't do exactly as He directed. But in thinking back on that time I just wonder how life would have been different. Thankfully I don't have to fret over the "what-ifs" of life because He loves me so greatly.

Hebrews 12:1-3 encourages us to fix our eyes on the Lord and keep on keeping on. When we do this we will have the joy He desires for us as in James 1:2-3.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Dear Jesus,
This morning I am praying for more of You and less of me so that I will do more of Your will. I praise You, Father, for being in control of my life. I praise You for the "junk" that I continue to deal with because I am standing on James 1:2-3. I praise You for not only guiding me through life but many others who listen to Your voice. Father, this morning I am praying for one family in particular that are seeking to hear Your voice as they make some major changes in their life. Speak to them so they will know exactly what it is You desire of them. Go before them as people will have their opinions about their situation. Protect them from hurtful things that will be said to them. I pray for the transition to go smoothly for them but Father if they need trials to come their way then I pray for Your peace to be with them. It would be so easy to pray for life to be perfect but sometimes that is not the way it has to be. Lord, give them Your wisdom in the decisions they are making. Heal their hurts. Put people in their path who will encourage them. I pray they will fix their eyes on You. Thank You Jesus for being My Author.  Amen.


No comments: