Sunday, February 1, 2015

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - "Mighty To Save"

What a blessing the Lord gave me this morning!  I was asked to sing with the Praise and Worship Team…one of my favorite things to do!  As we went through the songs in practice I began to feel a stirring in my soul but didn't think too much about it.  But then during worship I was blown away by the way the Lord spoke to me through "Mighty To Save"…woo hoo!

Savior, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save.
He is mighty to save.
Forever, author of Salvation
He rose and conquered the grave.
Jesus conquered the grave.

It was just as if the Lord was standing right there with me, whispering in my hear, "Do you believe those words? Do you believe I can move the mountain of "junk" you are dealing with?  Do you trust me with this situation?"

I was overwhelmed during those few moments.  I had just told the teens in Sunday school that we have to remember James 1:2-3 when going through tough times.  We need to be joyful when going through "junk" because His word promises us that when we persevere we will be blessed.  At the very moment this memory came to my mind these words were coming out of my mouth…

Forever, author of Salvation
He rose and conquered the grave.
Jesus conquered the grave.

immediately I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the Lord is greater than this "junk"He is greater than anything that comes our way.  Then He reminded me I was allowing this "junk" to take away my joythe enemy was winning and I had to not allow it.  I had to

Shine Your light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen King, Jesus

I am standing on His promises found in Jeremiah 29:11-14

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

promise to prosper meplans to give me hopeplans to give me a future…promise to listen to me…promise to bring me "back from captivity."  Yes, just as I testified this morning I refuse to allow this "junk" to take my joy.  I will continue to seek answers and allow the Lord to give me His peace as I wait and seek.

It was so cool for the reminder the Lord gave me during the sermon when Doc asked if anyone had ever heard the Lord speak.  Woo hoo!  I could hardly stay in my seat!  I wanted to jump and holler and scream and…oh my!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You so much for speaking to me this morning.  Thank You for reminding me of things I already knew yet seemed to be away from my mind.  Thank you for the promises You give me.  You are soooo awesome Lord!  Thank You for being The One I Hear From. Amen.


No comments: