Sunday, February 15, 2015

Mark 11:22-25 - "Jesus, Messiah"

Yesterday Pastor Steve was talking about Moses staff being a common thing yet when Moses surrendered it was greatly powerful. That is something I had never thought about before. This morning as I listened to Corey Jones preach about grace I was reminded of the true blessing of surrender. When we surrender, our prayers go to a whole new level. Corey talked about the mountains that get in our way. His reminders that Jesus already took care of our sin when He died on the cross are something many don't know or allow the enemy to keep their focus off of. All we have to say to the mountains in our life is "be moved"!!!!  Woo hoo!!! 

We must come before the Lord with faith without any mountains being allowed to hinder our relationship with Him. I love the words found in Mark 11:22-25...

22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”

Doc has been preaching about going through the doors the Lord has for us. The door to surrender is not always the easiest door to open but my oh my it is such a blessing to walk through. He will enable us to walk through that door when we seek Him and allow Him to guide us. Walking through the door of salvation is just the beginning of walking through His doors. We can't stay there but must go through the door of total surrender in order to be filled completely by the Holy Spirit. When we walk through that door, we will receive gifts of the Holy Spirit. I love what Corey said that if we want more of the Lord we must be desperate for more of Him. Desperate for Him…desperate for Him…desperate for Him...

"Jesus Messiah" comes to my mind this morning...

He became sin
Who knew no sin
That we might become His righteousness
He humbled Himself and carried the cross
Love so amazing
Love so amazing
Jesus Messiah, name above all names
Blessed Redeemer, Emmanuel
The rescue for sinners
The ransom from Heaven
Jesus Messiah, Lord of all
His body, the bread
His blood, the wine
Broken and poured out all for love
The whole earth tremble and the veil was torn
Love so amazing
Love so amazing, yeah
Jesus Messiah, name above all names
Blessed Redeemer, Emmanuel
The rescue for sinners
The ransom from Heaven
Jesus Messiah, Lord of all

Dear Jesus,
Thank You so much for filling me with more of You and less of me! Thank You for loving me enough to die on the cross for me. Thank You for Your grace that accepted me back into relationship with You. Thank You for showing me how I needed to live a life of surrender with You. Oh Jesus, You are so awesome in the way You lead and direct my steps, my words and my thoughts! Lord just as Corey prayed, I am praying for a revelation of greater things You have for me. I am so excited to be reminded by his words that You walk inside me. Empower me to do supernatural things that only can come through the Holy Spirit. Thank You for being My Jesus Messiah!  Amen.


No comments: