Friday, February 20, 2015

Psalm 91; Romans 8:28 - "We Are Hungry"

I remember a week ago thinking there was no way I could ever get through this week. It was too full of activities. Some of the activities were some major stressful things to deal with. I prayed and asked some friends to pray to get me through. I remember one day thinking and praying that I didn't want to just "get through" but I wanted to not be stressed in the process. I asked the Lord for peace. He reminded me through one I prayed with earlier in the week of the saying, "No God, no peace; know God, know peace." Living a life for Him 24/7, depending on His strength each and every day, allowing Him to make decisions for you…that is how one truly has His peace.



This picture is so very true. Being overwhelmed with life can cause crabbiness in the snap of a finger. Or at least it can in me. Not feeling well or being tired can cause me to feel overwhelmed very quickly. But when those feelings start to creep in I pray for more of Him and less of me. Sometimes that means doing something I wouldn't normally do. Such as the other night when I was exhausted yet was planning on going to small group. The Lord had other plans and instead I got in my jammies, snuggled on the couch with my four-legged buddy and rested. He spoke, I listened and in return I was blessed.

This morning the first thing that was in my mind was the song, "We Are Hungry." As I started singing it the Lord told me to be encouraged by Psalm 91.
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
    and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
    and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
    no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
    you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.
Wow…the promises I read and stand on in these verses are so great! He promises
  1. …when I pray, He will answer (vs 15). When we live in His Presence, He always hears our voice and we hear Him.
  2. ...to be with me in times of trouble (vs 15). Even when we feel like we are all alone He is there to comfort us, lead us and love on us.
  3. …to deliver me from things that will harm me. This part reinforces that I don't want to just get through this week but instead I want to enjoy it and I have the assurance He will enable me to do just that.
  4. …to honor me for the life I live for Him. Through my life Romans 8:28 will be fulfilled. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome in the way You have directed my path these last few days. I am so blessed by listening to Your voice and following Your direction. Lord, thank You for being with me yesterday as I took the test. Did I like the final grade? No but I know I did my best and that is all I can ask of myself. Lord, Your peace is where I live. It is through Your peace that stress is thrown out the window. When I start to get crabby, I am thankful You give me exactly what I need. "Lord, I want more of You…Living Water, rain down on me…Lord, I need more of You…Living Breath of Life, come and fill me up." YES, Lord! Fill me with more of You and less of me so that You will be glorified through the fulfillment of Romans 8:28 in my life. Thank You Jesus for being My Living Water! Amen.


No comments: